Double up. How far can you make it into the video without wanting to rage.

Started by RoseSkye, June 20, 2012, 04:29:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU&feature=related
I am not joking... five seconds.

I am not patriotic or anything. Hell, I could careless who says crap about a government or whatever.

*Bad singing
*Super Fundie
*Hate speech
*Brain washing children
*Bullying
*Child Abuse
*They're normal looking people and young

I don't think I'll ever make it to the 8 minute mark in one go because they make me want to scream. Also, it's 8 parts long. So, if you make it to 8 mins there is way more of this bullshit.

ThallionDarkshine

I actually got through the first part of the video, and will never watch another second. This should be illegal or something. I get freedom of speech and all that, but just... Why?

RoseSkye

I cant watch the whole thing in one setting. There are some train wrecks that make you want to look away and take a breath. You know what I'd liken this to? Not so much a train wreck moreso two gay men symmetrically docking while orgasming at the same time... AND PUNCHING KITTENS WHILE SHOVING THEM UP THEIR OWN BUTTS.

You're intrigued at the crap you're seeing, but it disgusts you and pisses you off at the same time. Their existence is basically likened to kicking being hit in the testicles. /Avgn rant off

winkio

Just watched the first part.  Going to warm up my lunch, then keep watching.  Not as good as the evolution argument videos in my opinion.

edit: part 4 LOL

AJNR95

Saw the first segment. All I saw was white women. Then I saw Tyra Banks. Not mad, this is America. Where you have the equal right to become gay and hate gays! Why not try both?  :V:
Spoiler: ShowHide

by Blizz: Spoilered, because image is 2.6 MB.
by AJNR95: Unspoilered, because fuck you - ¡Viva la Revolución!
by Blizz: Spoilered again, and Banned.

winkio

well, apparently part 8 isn't up.  It turned out to be pretty good in the end.

Subsonic_Noise

Watched all of them. I have ellaborate trolling schemes planned out for them, sad thing I'll never get to use them. My respect goes to the reporter though, who consistently managed to remain calm and not get attacking.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on June 20, 2012, 08:13:51 pm
My respect goes to the reporter though...

This.
He did a superb job of remaining professional while I am sure his thoughts and feelings on the issue were screaming otherwise. I am currently starting the third part, and I don't feel so angry more than I actually feel pity. They have blinded themselves to all the contradictions they make, and yet believe that everyone else is. Sadly, there is little hope for such people. I feel sorry for them, living with so much hate is no way to live.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

RoseSkye

You made it to part 7 without cringing or anything? Hats off to you. Part 2 was as far as I made it.

winkio

round 2: the followup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogJSRs_OE0I

enjoy

EDIT: okay, that one was even better that the first one.  I'm getting so much out of these videos in terms of understanding irrational human behavior.  Certain experiences in my life are finally making sense.

MarkHest

07:30 - In the first video: "Because you are a rebelious brat!"
I honestly could not hold it any longer, i needed to release what ignorence i had gathered from the movie and just laugh.
If the guy in the car is rebelious, what are the christians?

You know, there are a lot of GOOD christians out there and it's because of people like these that makes you hate religion and everything about it.
I myself does not have a religion, but i accept people for what they believe. What i do not accept is when they want to shove their beliefs through other peoples throats, that includes brainwashing kids.

I'm not as arrogant to decide what's right and wrong, but i am pretty sure the world would be better off without idiots like these ones... for the sake of all.

winkio

Going along with what you said about accepting people for what they believe, there many atheists who think that belief in god and religion are the only irrational beliefs.  I can guarantee you that every single person on this planet operates on irrational beliefs on some basis.  I know I do myself.  The real problem is that many have this notion of 'the truth', that they are right and others are wrong.  We are all wrong, and you should never think that your knowledge is absolute.  Always be ready to consider a new or conflicting perspective.

EDIT:  I got caught up with the middle of your post that I skipped over the last line!  I have no idea why you think the world needs to be rid of these people.  All they do is say words, which only causes emotional damage if their victims allow it.  There are plenty of other people that the world should be rid of first such as murderers, rapists, kidnappers, etc.  Even thieves, which are sometimes considered lesser criminals, are much worse than this cult.

What gets me is that people are reacting to this pickets in the worst way possible, by getting emotionally involved and allowing their words to upset them.  Instead, they should drown out their words with their own celebration of life.  I'm talking blasting some music and having a good old flash mob, block party, county fair, rodeo, parade, or whatever people do.  Why doesn't this happen very often?  In my opinion, most people do not have a strong love of life.  They hate their job, they hate their family, they hate their government, they hate their neighbors.  Instead of being able to burst forth with happiness, they automatically respond with hate and fear.  Most of the protests against these cults are mass protests, with a herd based mentality for safety.  People are actually afraid of other people saying mean things, not because they are in danger, but because it hits a little too close to home. 

The way I see it, both sides of these protests are filled with sadness, hate, and anger.  This is the true tragedy of humanity, not that there are those who would seek to degrade and harm their fellow man, but that all too often, there are none to oppose them.

MarkHest

You're right, there is no right and wrong (as i said in my previous post), i just find it sad that the newer generations keeps getting into this thing because of the older generation brainwashing them. But as you said, this is just their life and everyone should be allowed to live life as they want, right? That's true. But i just wanted to add 'my' perspective on the matter. Every person has his/her own right's and wrong's, and in 'my' opinion i think these people are idiots and i don't like when they force what they believe onto other people. (In this case, the kids in their presence)
Again, this is from 'my' side of existence. 'My' opinion.

I am going to admit that i am ignorant and arrogant by saying these things and that i am wrong. We're all wrong.
But we are also right.

winkio

How are we also right?  You just sort of threw it out there at the end, completely lost me.

And no, I'm not saying we just ignore these people.  I'm saying we use our love to erase their hate.  We must oppose them, not with their spirit, but with our own.  Ghandi was a crazy old bastard, but he was on to something with nonviolent protest.  It proved to be strong enough to defeat an army of soldiers with guns.  There is a time and a place to use violence to oppose others, but the WBC pickets are not that time or place.  Perhaps the most effective way to oppose the WBC is with celebration and love.

The indoctrination of children is another topic entirely.  It's the human version of creative immortality.  A single person won't live forever, but each generation will produce another, and in such a way, the human race is immortal.  Children represent a way to pass on knowledge and ideas while at the same time remaking them.  They keep us from stagnating in a certain mindset.  You can see the evidence of many children defecting from the WBC, and many more will grow their insane beliefs in new ways.  It's a beautiful process, not something to be ashamed of.  The same process has led to incredible scientific, artistic, and cultural achievement.

RoseSkye

Blizzard

This topic is becoming interesting. I haven't watched the video so I'd like a quick breakdown about what is going on if somebody is willing to type it down.

EDIT: CUTE GIRLS?! WHERE?! :V:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

There's this group called the Westboro Baptist Church located in Topeka, Kansas (USA).  Their beliefs include radically conservative values (no sex unless in marriage, no anal or oral sex, women must always cover their stomachs and backs, no dating, obey your parents absolutely, etc.), the eternal salvation of their own group, and the eternal damnation of everybody else.  They were somewhat famous for picketing and protesting various events and places such as soldiers' funerals, abortion clinics, regular churches, etc. with signs such as 'God hates fags', and much much more offensive ones.  It's basically a hate group that targets everyone.  The two documentaries, spaced four years apart, are from a journalist visiting the group and having interviews with them.

G_G