Alive

Started by Vexus, June 23, 2012, 09:14:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vexus

June 23, 2012, 09:14:23 am Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:09:10 am by Vexus

Abstract: You wake up from a coma in a hospital after a car accident, you can't remember anything from your past not even your name.

Leaving the hospital you find yourself in a deserted town, calling for help is useless, no one responds. You now venture outside trying to find any clues of who you really are and what happened while you where in a coma.

You are Alive.

Genre:  Survival Horror
Engine:

Download:
Currently Chapter 1 is done.

No RTP version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ni37486mv9ld4nd (21 MB)

With RTP version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?h7xxha77ew36rvr (43 MB)

The demo's length is approximately 30 min to 1 hour depending if you try and search every side of the hospital to find some stuff or just rush to the end. (At the moment there are some hidden stuff but not much. It's inside the hospital only anyway, later on there will be more hidden stuff to find and some unlock those (?) in the load screen and more  :thumbsup:  )

There's an error when you try to save because rmxp compression compressed also the save file... Anyway to solve it make a folder named
"Save File" without the "" and it should work.
(Until I reupload a new demo)

(For new people, RTP is needed to play rpg maker xp games.)

Story
Long Story: ShowHide
While going for a road trip with your family you get involved in a car accident which killed your children on impact, you and your wife survive the accident and get sent into hospital. Your wife injuries were more serious than yours, her symptoms where broken ribs and pneumothorax but she didn't survive the operation. Your symptoms where broken ribs, severe skull fractures and a concussion that made you lose your senses.  

During the operation some complication arised and you fell in coma with some brain damage. Doctors conducted the skull fractures with the concussion could have possibly made you lose some of your memory but they couldn't be certain until you regained senses.

Meanwhile you were in a coma in a foreign island some scientists where experimenting on ways to modify our dna to cure the ageing "malfunction" of our species in hopes of achieving eternal life. Complications rose and instead of finding a remedy to ageing they created a virus that made people lose control. The virus was considered potentially dangerous and so it was kept hidden from the public as ordered by the government.

Weeks passed but the scientists where not getting any conclusive progress from the experiment so the government cut their supply of money. The head scientist, Dr. Chris Gerber creator of the virus was displeased with the news but there was nothing he could do.

Dr. Gerber couldn't neglect all the research he did and all progress done. It was driving him crazy being left alone without the possibility on doing anything, but the project was not left dying, a foreign company contacted Dr. Gerber on the continuation of the research.

Dr. Gerber accepted without any hesitation, little did he know that the company he joined where more interested in turning the research into a weapon than a remedy to cure people.

After a month Dr. Gerber managed to reconstruct the molecule of the virus, now he could continue from where he left. The research started to get some progress done tough it was far from ready.

Tests were being conducted on small animals which concluded the subjects inhaling the virus suffering an exponential increase in aggressivity resulting in a highly contagious rage that kills it's victims after a couple of hours.

The company in charge of Dr. Gerber's research was notified of the progress and dispatched a sample to be tested on some prisoners. The results were terrifying, the virus did raise people from the dead but they were no longer human, they became predators....

The company ordered Dr. Gerber to progress the research so that the virus could be controlled but Dr. Gerber opposed their orders stating his intentions where to find a remedy for ageing not to create a biological weapon. Dr. Gerber didn't want to take part of the modification of the research and requested to be resigned of the project. The company couldn't let him go so easily, he had valuable information and forced him to continue the research against his will.

Without any choice Dr. Gerber had to continue the research.

A week passed and more tests were conducted on these monsters, surprisingly victims raised from the dead didn't seem to suffer any pain when hit or shot unless they were shot in the face or decapitated else they remained dead instead of rising again.  

Dr. Gerber couldn't bear with his research becoming a biological weapon of mass destruction so he modified the formula without the companies consent and managed to reduce its effects exponentially. The modification managed to change the virus from effecting people that where alive; victims had to die for the infection to trigger.

Victims that raised from the dead had infected blood in their systems so if you where bit, scratched or infected blood touching/entering in a victim system it would have caused a bacterial infection killing the victim after a couple of hours and thus triggering the virus.

Later that day Dr. Gerber committed suicide leaving a note stating the project was complete but he didn't want to have any part of it.

Having lost the scientist who created the virus the company thought on having a final test before selling it on the black market. Prisoners were taken into a special room while the company and interested buyers looked from behind a protective barrier for the results. The experiment started without any complications but after a couple of minutes the prisoners started hitting the barrier to get out and one of them got shot. The "dead" prisoner raised from the dead and started attacking the other prisoners and they where turning one by one into these monsters.

The buyers where very impressed with what this virus could do but while they were going to start contracting the infected started hitting the machine and it started overheating, the machine was damaged and it was about to explode exposing the virus into the atmosphere infecting everyone on the planet.

The scientists tried everything they could but there wasn't enough time. The people reviewing the experiment managed to get out before the explosion and after a couple of minutes the whole building collapsed from the explosion leaving several victims dead.

The victims started rising from the dead after a couple of hours, people outside didn't know what was happening inside, they thought the victims coming out were injured from the explosion. The virus was spreading rapidly through the air; people couldn't know what was happening. The infected started attacking the civilians and slowly they were starting to increase in numbers killing and eating all the victims they could find near the area the experiment was conducted.

People were in chaos among trying to escape the living dead.  

Months passed, the virus spread throughout the planet, everyone is infected now but there are still people fighting for their lives while the infected increase in numbers every day.

After a year, infected have overrun most of the planet, hope on humanity salvation is very slim. Some small groups around the planet are still able to fend off the infected but they are not the only thing to look out from, wild animals run in towns scavenging for food, scavengers and bandits roam the abandoned cities looting valuables and destroying anything they find.

It's a new world with no rules, survive of the fittest...

Alive

Setting
The game takes place in modern times not in a fantasy world or such thing.

Characters
Name: ?????

The main character which doesn't remember anything from his life not even his name, left alone after a car accident which sent him into a coma for 2 years.

- Will add more in the future. (If side characters fit here as you're essentially always "alone" eventough you meet people and could stick with them for some time.)

Credits
Credits: ShowHide
Scripts:
-Jens of Zanicuud
For the Item Examine Script, Underline Text Script, Custom Save/Load Screen, Custom Status Screen and for all the help on script problems I had.

- Brewmeister, Gubid, Star
For their Day/Night Script.

-LiTTleDRAgo
For Inventory Script, Fade Effect Script, Custom Pre Menu for Blizz Abs Script and helping me on various scripting problems.

-Heretic
For the Animated Title Script.

-Night_Runner
For the Forced Z Angle On Events Script.

-Game_guy
For the Footsteps Sound Script.

-Ryex
For the Dynamic Sound Script.

-Foreverzer0
For the  Diary Script, Multi Message Script and Event Proximity Script.

-Blizzard
For Blizz Abs Script, ZHud Script.

Resources:
-Pandora's Box (Well that's what they call it) http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11532.0.html
Had a huge amount of resources you can use collected together.

- Ninesages Website www.ninesages.org/XP_Album/index.php
A big thanks to this site which helped me find a lot of resources I needed. (Sadly it seems to be down for quite a while now.)

Audio:
- Freesound http://freesound.org/
Huge selection of sounds if you know what you're searching for and completely free if you register.

- Sound Snap http://www.soundsnap.com/browse
Another good site that has some good sound effects and such but this one requires money.

-Audacity
This program helped me edit some of the sound to make them more ideal to my game.

Screen Shots
Screenshots: ShowHide

Features
Features: ShowHide
- Game is being set in black and white apart of the colour red for blood. (Ala sin city)
- Your character doesn't fight you have to hide, sneak and run to survive.
- Your limited to how many items you can carry by the bag you have.
- You need to eat and drink to survive. (Eating also restores health while drinking also restores stamina to run) - Currently This feature is not implemented.
- Hidden stuff to find and hopefully even traps you can make to gain some time over the infected. - Currently This feature is not implemented.
- Getting bit or scratched by an infected can get you sick and will start to get damaged. Be sure to find or take some medicine to cure yourself or you'll die. - Currently This feature is not implemented.
- Everyone is infected even you but to trigger the infection you need to die. (Unless you get shot in the head or decapitated then you just die)
- You can run, sneak around enemies but running requires stamina so you cant run forever. (To regenerate stamina you either keep walking and regenerate slowly or stand still and regenerate faster)
- You can barricade doors to increase time it takes for infected to breach inside. (Barricading a door requires wood and hammer and once the door is barricaded you can no longer open the door to pass through unless it gets destroyed so think wisely.) - Currently This feature is not implemented.
- Game is set always in the night with some light sources here and there to provide guidance.
- Fade effect inside buildings when you pass from room to room. The previous room goes darker while the one you enter in gets brighter this is going to be used because it adds a little suspense on what could be in the next room.

Progress
Current demo takes place all in the hospital and ends once you go outside.

Chapter 1 is done.
Chapter 2 will start once I finish some stuff.

Known Issues
Sometimes tutorial pictures don't go away after the first Enter or E you press, keep pressing or hold the button and it will work. (Only 1 map has this issue atm but it's not a big deal breaker.)
Current Project/s:

ForeverZer0

Looks pretty cool. :)
Hurry up and get a demo out so this can be moved to the Projects section.

I would add a little more flash to the topic. It would be a shame to see such a promising looking game to be overlooked because the topic looked boring.

Either way, hope to see this finished, the screenshots look good. :)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Vexus

Thanks I'll try get a demo in 1-2 weeks as I have to study for the theory car test which is going to be on thursday.

I still need to fix some small graphical issues like having a better picture for the inventory screen as the one I have I made it by editing some pokemon pictures :/

Currently it's like this:

Spoiler: ShowHide

I need a better picture for the bags (Specially if it's not from pokemon) and there will be in total 3 bags which have more limit on how many items you can carry. (15, 30 and 45 slots)

I'll try to see if I can get some help from some artist in the inventory and a better bag icon.
Current Project/s:

G_G

This game looks pretty awesome, I'm looking for awesome. :3 And thanks for making this topic, it reminded me to go and fix my terrain sound script. I'll try and get on that today or tomorrow.

AJNR95

I would also like to play the demo when it comes out

by Blizz: Spoilered, because image is 2.6 MB.
by AJNR95: Unspoilered, because fuck you - ¡Viva la Revolución!
by Blizz: Spoilered again, and Banned.

Vexus

June 29, 2012, 03:50:28 pm #5 Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:52:24 pm by Vexus
-Update-

- I just finished mapping for the prologue and will start the eventing and story for the first demo.
- Title screen of the project:

Any feedback is welcomed.

- Started the first crawling/crouching infected, here's an example:

Crawling:

Crouching:

Suggestions/feedback is welcome too.

--------------

If nothing goes wrong a demo will be released in a week or 2 but some stuff like the inventory screen picture, diary script and some other small things won't be 100% how I want them so I hope that doesn't put the game in a bad light.
Current Project/s:

Landith

I for one am not a fan of the Title text for Alive, but I like the overall feel of the title.

I like the crouching sprite but the crawling one just looks odd.. His head shouldn't be straight like that as it's unrealistic... I would make it kinda looking down a bit? Otherwise it's neck would be at a 90 degree angle and that's just odd to me lol. Also it's body... it's really hard to tell what it is. to me it looks like it's legs are backwards? idk what's actually wrong with it but it looks weird to me.

Vexus

June 30, 2012, 08:19:04 pm #7 Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:22:57 pm by Vexus
I didn't know where to place the words as having the name in the middle was kinda weird in my eyes.

I could rotate it more to be less slanting if you think it would make it look better.

Well the crawling one is based on the only template I found that I'm working on to create this infected. I have the moving down part all coloured and tested ingame which didn't seem so bad. (But yes the legs are kinda weird as it's like they move like the exorcist girl on the stairs scene)
Current Project/s:

tginick93

Yeah I agree with you on the title. I do like the slanting though, but maybe make it a little bigger? Just feel that since you got a whole bunch of lights from the middle to right that it kind of clashes with the title in terms of emphasis, but maybe you'll disagree?

Anyway, this project looks very interesting! Itching to play the demo :)

Vexus

Tried updating the title's text, how's this as alternative?

Current Project/s:

Landith

How about without the shadow's in it? Just flat white. I wanna see if that goes better lol

AJNR95

New Title text does stick out more. You could give it a "glow effect", in my opinion. I would say to move the text in the middle but
the light in the middle will meld with it.

New Title text sticks out more, basically.

by Blizz: Spoilered, because image is 2.6 MB.
by AJNR95: Unspoilered, because fuck you - ¡Viva la Revolución!
by Blizz: Spoilered again, and Banned.

Vexus

July 02, 2012, 05:31:53 am #12 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:03:13 am by Vexus
Can't get the text more white than this without ruining it:

I personally prefer the previous version but better see what everyone says.

[Edit]

I was mapping a little for the prologue before waking up and I would like to hear your opinions people if it sounds good or not.

Current plans are to have some short flashbacks of certain events your character has deep feelings on.

I created a scene for the wedding, a scene where your wife tells you she's pregnant, another scene at the hospital stating the sex of the babies (2), a scene of your whole family dining together then finally the last scene where your whole family gets involved in the accident then you wake up in shock as if you had a nightmare.

Now while I get ideas I don't know exactly how to do it properly sound and effects wise, I'll try my best hopefully it goes well. (I got a picture that covers the map leaving only the desired point visible to not lose focus)
Current Project/s:

Landith

Like the previous title better, the placement isn't good in the last one.

About your idea, if you could pull it off then yea but be sure to add lots of poses and stuff otherwise it would look bad. I wouldn't do it all at once though... I think flashbacks throughout the first 10 minutes or so of your game would be better than having to sit through 4 flashbacks one after another.

Vexus

Fine I'll use the previous version.

As for the flash backs I already mapped the scenes (Tough accident one is still on revision as I have to make a good looking accident heh)

Sneak peaks:

Wedding

When your wife says she's pregnant

Doctor telling you the sex of the baby

And dining together

Feedback/suggestions are always welcomed.
Current Project/s:

Vexus

July 07, 2012, 07:22:59 pm #15 Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:19:59 am by Vexus
[Edit]

New demo posted on a 2nd page.
Current Project/s:

Vexus

July 12, 2012, 11:49:40 am #16 Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:48:59 pm by Vexus
No one?

C'mon guys it's the prologue only, takes less than 5 minutes I need feedback and suggestions.
Current Project/s:

G_G

Vexus

July 15, 2012, 07:19:28 pm #18 Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:23:10 pm by Vexus
Thanks for the update.

While am I posting here's 4 new screenshots of the outside world:

Outside of the Hospital (I made a small sign written "Hospital" on it to indicate the way to go back in if you wanted to.)
Back Alley: ShowHide

Near some crime scene
Crime Scene: ShowHide

Another back alley
Back Alley 2: ShowHide

In the streets
Streets: ShowHide

Outside maps are giving me some lag problems so I'll get some people in the future to see what could be the cause. (I was thinking it could be the lightning effects even tough removing the script and play testing still gave me lag :/  so dunno exactly)

Note: The hud is currently a place holder unless I get permission from it creator as I only edited it's colours to fit the black and white style. (Tough I wish on having a sort of animated graphic that looked like a heartbeat monitor to indicate your life with levels instead of an actual bar.)

-----

I got some feedback on the prologue from another site and will hopefully upload the new version of the prologue in the next couple of days if anyone's interested.
Current Project/s:

tginick93

Hey good job with this intro! I like your choice of bgm and the flashlight effect on the scene. Just a few things.

1. You seem to be missing an SE; game crashes in the main menu.
2. Few grammar problems but passable nonetheless.
3. I feel the intro has too many scenes. Although I get that you are trying to tell a complete backstory, I think if you combine some of the scenes together and get into the actual story quicker, it would make the intro stronger.

Obviously what you do regarding #3 is completely up to you, but that's just my 2 cents.
Good luck! :)

Vexus

July 17, 2012, 06:17:50 am #20 Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:00:04 pm by Vexus
Links in first post.
Current Project/s:

ForeverZer0

Looks interesting so far.
The car accident at the end is a bit strange, the car moves a bit too jerky in my opinion, it would look better if things were a little smoother.

Other than that, what you have so far is very interesting. :)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Vexus

Thanks for the feedback and I agree with you about the car accident scene.

It's very hard for me to make a decent scene involving a car accident, I tried to make edits to the car to have a turning sprite but it's too time consuming and I'm not really that good and complete edits of sprites.

At first the scene was going to take place on a road near a mountain with a collision near the turning of the road (Which is not possible to make smooth in rmxp as it's not 3d unless I make a complete 3d tileset myself) but then I ended up with a car crash in town.

Any suggestion on how can I smooth things out? More time for the text to appear? A better car crash?

Thanks
Current Project/s:

ForeverZer0

Maybe even just use a picture where you can control the X and Y a little better instead of events where they are kinda forced to stay on tiles. Its a bit hard to get smoothness via event movement, whereas in a script or picture you have precise control of the sprite's pixel coordinates.

Vexus

Hmm would be a bit hard for me to draw a decent looking scene by pictures unless I understood you wrong.

Anyway since your the only one offering feedback what did you think about the wedding scene specially about the kid with the cushion? On the other site they said it was kinda out of place in the first demo. (Tough in the first demo he didn't have a cushion in his hands)

I also tried making things more "lively" as suggested on another site by having rotating heads when they speak, does it look odd or it makes the scene look better?

Thanks
Current Project/s:

ForeverZer0

I think the "heads" thing looks fine.

What I meant with the picture was instead of using an event with a car graphic, use a picture with the same graphic, and move it using the picture commands. You get finer control that way instead of using move routes.

Vexus

-Small Update-

I'm adding some tutorials ingame via pictures here's an example:

Tutorial: ShowHide

Pictures go away when you press enter, they are not timed based and you cannot move until you've seen them all. (I'll give an option to skip tutorials tough they are not long and really useful in some cases.)

Also with the help of the great jens I'm finally shaping up my status screen to something more akin this game.

Here's a screenie:

Status Screen: ShowHide

The heart has an animation and also sound and the less health you have the slower it will animate/sound.

The layout is almost complete now if I could get some sort of health monitor instead of the window skin as background it would make it look far more better but heh I need to find, get help or create myself a screen of said thing for it to happen...

-----------------------------------------------------

Anyway after trying to get some help for a very long amount of time but was ignored slowly slowly I've managed to sprite the main character in a patient dress that doesn't look that bad. (Tough for issues non regarding game you won't be going for long naked with a vest wandering but will find something to wear and then in the future get something better.)

I'm not working 24/7 on the project that's why updates/progress is not that frequent but slowly slowly I'm adding stuff. (Hint: Possibility on having hunger/thirst in game that make the game more about survival than exploring.)

That's it for now, I'd appreciate some feedback on the tutorial pics and status screen if anyone is kind enough to check them out, there's also the demo on the first page of the prologue which still needs some feedback as I haven't got many feedback sadly..

Ciao
Current Project/s:

Vexus

October 17, 2012, 06:55:13 am #27 Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:58:21 am by Vexus
Just want to say that the project is not dead but I kinda stopped updating it here since there's not much activity.

I'll update the main post when a demo is read and post again.

--

Current state of the project is story for demo done, events done, items mostly done, mapping done only left to do is refinement on menu layouts.

Currently getting done a custom save layout, custom load layout, custom inventory layout, custom status layout and custom diary layout (Which now shows 2 pages now instead of one.)

Anyway some screenies of the concepts:

Save Layout:

Current layout still missing battery picture but will be added soon.

You can save 5 times when the battery is full then you have to find a way to recharge it else you can't save anymore. (You can save anywhere in the world you just activate Pda from your inventory.)

Load Layout:

Remember this is a concept, some things might change. (Doubtful.)

You can't load ingame but when you enter save screen there's an option to go back to title screen.

There will be unlockables in the game and first 4 will be found/given in the "prologue" slowly slowly as they are key items to save, use diary, open menu and more.

And inventory screen concept (Previous one imo is ugly):

Top bar for descriptions (Will add an option for more detailed explanations), bottom bar indicating how much space you have used and how many left.

Items separated according to their real use. (Some normal items, notes like tutorial texts, hints, etc and key items for puzzles, keys, etc.)

Inventory size will also be bigger from 45 to 60 so if possible for drago to add that option for some items using more than 1 slot people would have to see on how they will organize their inventory just incase they need to pick up something and require space in the bag.

Diary and Status are done. (Status screen is already visible in previous post (Though I might add some picture instead of the windows skin but I have no idea what to do apart of maybe an edited heart monitor) and well diary is identical as before but now it shows text on left and right pages unlike before.)

That's it, thanks for reading.
Current Project/s:

Vexus

Bump

I finally announce that a demo has been uploaded and it's on the first post!

Let me know what you think about it here or in pms.

Current Project/s:

Vexus

Kinda sad no one tried the demo as it's been out since december 9th but anyways....

Not much of any update but I am implementing sources of light you can light on or off (Candles, lanterns, etc) by the use of matches. Matches are not unlimited but need to be found so better not waste them all on everything you want to light up! (Like always first time something new happens specially a key item like this it will be visible so you don't miss it but afterwards finding matches for example won't be shown on the map but you need to scavenge)

Another thing. I'm mapping the outside of the hospital and so far not that bad I'm just posting this to hint you people to search around as not only items will be hidden but even some stuff that let you enter buildings! (Have nothing to do with the story)

In the first demo the hidden stuff are:

Some bandages sticks, bandage rolls and some coins which you can spend on a vending machine to buy a drink.

If you need clues on where exactly the items are message me here or pm.
Current Project/s:

KK20

Apologies for forgetting about the AI thing. I think I reached a point where I couldn't figure out how I wanted something to work without affecting something else in the process.

How's the light situation coming along? I remember from last time that it was a major source of lag in your game.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

exile360

Just gave this a go and I must say - very well done! It looks and feels very professional. One of the things I look for most in games is atmosphere and immersion, which is pretty hard to pull off in RMXP, but you've done it perfectly, from graphics to sound. I did find a passability issue or two, if you want I can find them again and take screenshots so you can fix them. Also crashed my game the first time with the save lol, reading big red text is too hard it seems. :P

Anyway, you've got a fan. I'm eagerly awaiting for the full version of this. Cheers!

Vexus

@KK20

It seems the light lag only happens on the outside maps as inside houses I don't get any lag.

(I'm using the transfer player in same position method to update the lights as that is the easiest workaround I found)

@exile360

Thank you for trying out my demo :)

Yes the save error is annoying and I'm sorry for not reuploading a new demo with the save file in it. (Though the red text should hint people hopefully hehe) I wouldn't mind if you could tell me were the passability issues were if you feel up to it but it's not a huge deal.

I am also play testing the project apart of creating it and trying events and passages (For example the stairs maps were hunting me for days as I couldn't fix the passability in the black part for some odd reason) as I understand people can't find everything I must look too.

From that demo I fixed some spelling mistakes that were said to me, fixed the doors showing a part of your body and removed the shadowy area as it was too dark and added some new fluff in the text and such like showing icons in text messages.

I don't know if you have arrived or finished it already but the room where you find the pda did the tutorial message go away promptly or you had to mash/hold the button? (That is the only room in the game that is having that problem heh)

Anyway thank you again for trying my demo of chapter 1, chapter 2 is still a little far away as this time I have to map the town and not the insides of 1 place only and once mapping is done it's time for event texts, secrets(There already are  ;) ) and have to test again the first encounter with an infected as once that part goes soon the maps won't be so empty hehe.
Current Project/s:

exile360

QuoteI don't know if you have arrived or finished it already but the room where you find the pda did the tutorial message go away promptly or you had to mash/hold the button? (That is the only room in the game that is having that problem heh)

Actually, no, the message stayed for quite a while. I was spamming all the buttons trying to get rid of it but nothing worked, which made me think the game froze or something. Eventually it did disappear, though. Btw, I think you should type PDA in caps instead of Pda or pda, it's just looks better that way.

Vexus

Ok changed it to all capitals thanks :)

I might edit the picture to warn people incase it gets stuck lol. (I tried everything I could think of to fix it even asked here on the forums but no fix, that room must be hunted haha :P )
Current Project/s:

exile360

That is really strange lol. Warning people might be good for the time being, yeah. Hope you do find a permanent fix eventually. :)

Vexus

July 30, 2013, 06:59:26 am #36 Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:07:31 am by Vexus
Ok I placed "(Hold E or Enter if stuck)" in the picture of the PDA.

Tough not sure if I'm going to reupload a demo at the moment as now the project has more stuff in it. (I know I could just delete them and reupload but we'll see)

Thanks again for the feedback as it's seems hard to get any.
Current Project/s:

exile360

Not a problem. I can playtest it whenever you need. :)

Vexus

August 04, 2013, 01:48:35 pm #38 Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:04:39 pm by Vexus
Small update.

I'm attempting to make some corpses this is a women lying on a bloody towel:

Her head will be lying on a wall that's why I made it on that position.

This is how it looks:

(I will make the room darker. I think it's too bright)

Should I even put more blood? or should I make some more refinements on the face or whatever you guys suggest?
Current Project/s:

WhiteRose

Quote from: Vexus on August 04, 2013, 01:48:35 pm
Small update.

I'm attempting to make some corpses this is a women lying on a bloody towel:

Her head will be lying on a wall that's why I made it on that position.

This is how it looks:

(I will make the room darker. I think it's too bright)

Should I even put more blood? or should I make some more refinements on the face or whatever you guys suggest?

I think it's looking great so far! :) Good work!

Spoofus

August 04, 2013, 02:55:25 pm #40 Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:35:19 pm by Spoofus
I finally got around to play your prologue demo, It may be short but very well down.It give this game promise that this game will be good play.

Edit: Played the chapter one demo now, Gotta say I love the atmosphere of the game. it has a Silent Hill/ Alan Wake feel to it (the first Alan Wake game)

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Vexus

Thanks hehe.

I haven't played yet alan wake so have no clue how the game is apart of I believe monsters come from the dark and get hurt by the light ala alone in the dark.

The black and white approach was mostly started from the idea of a zombie apocalypse game set in black and white apart of the blood ala sin city. I started a small map to see if it would look good or bad and started liking the sinister look the maps give (Even RTP ones) in black and white :) (Plus it reduces me work on having to create characters, objects, menus and whatever I require and can't find hehe) 

The game is taking most of the atmosphere/story ideas from walking dead and 28 days later (Most on the latter) my favourite zombie apocalypse movies/series. (Walking dead for the journey, 28 days later for the realistic approach of how it would really be if a zombie apocalypse would happen in the world. Sadly no one else tries this approach they want super hero people exterminating thousands of zombies alone.... cough* resident evil cough*)
Current Project/s:

Spoofus

I agree in a zombie apocalypse game, you need to feel like you are the only one alive and you have to survive.
I would love to make a good zombie apocalypse game, but I tend to  troubles deciding on graphic styles.

I think a good zombie game needs a balance of combat,exploration(searching for supplies etc.), and over all surviving.

Vexus

In my game I decided that you don't fight but you can push them away with the attack button. (Which stops you for a second so it's not good to be spammed unless there's only 1 infected)

Apart of combat you will need to explore if you don't want to run out of supplies :P
Current Project/s:

Spoofus

Hurry and finish this game then you, I want a completed 'Alive".

Vexus

Heh still far far away from release of chapter 2.

Not working much on it atm it's too hot inside, curse you summer! :P
Current Project/s:

Heretic86

I just played the demo.

Use of sound effects is masterful

Characters are fairly well animated.  Pretty obvious MMW is used.  I'd redo some of the dialogue using \v to prevent the characters speech bubbles from appearing over the other characters.  Putting the Speech Bubbles over other characters prevents the Player from being able to see any reactions from the other characters.  During the Marriage, reorient the Message Windows.  Too ambiguously placed always being over their heads.  Use \< and \> to reposition when they say "I do" or "I will". 

IE: Person on Left:  "\<I do"
Person on Right: "\>I do"

Repositioning the Windows helps to idendify which character is speaking.

Tighten up the Text.

This is one big long line of text where the very last word of the text puts one word on one
line.

When text is tighened up, it
fits a paragraph format.

Glitches:

Two minor ones.  Chalkboard with the Scale in front of it about half way through the demo is Walkable.  Glass walls that go above doors need a higher priority as the top of the characters head clips when he walks through the door.

Entering the Ventilation System should be a Touch Event instead of the Action Button.  Too hard to figure out otherwise.  I stumbled across it by accident and am pretty sure I hit Enter instead of Touch.

---

Enviornment.  Feels entirely devoid of life.  I like it.  Somebodys been playing Resident Hill vs Silent Evil.  External enviornment could benefit from Lifeless Animation.  Newspapers being strown about a street are an incredibly effective way to convey "Apocolypse" in films.  Can be used in Games as well.

Sprinting:  Need to be able to sprint for a bit longer.  Helps to hold my attention better.

This is me nitpicking.  If this is all I have to gripe about, you know you did a good job.  Detail is excellent and obscured.  If you need "Stains", look for z_flat, a script I wrote.  Use a large event and make it flat, and mostly transparent so you can create "Stains" on floors.  It may help the enviornment to look more run down.  But overall, I am quite impressed.  Most peoples demos I glance at the screenshots and if I think they are shit (which there are many of), I dont even bother to download and play any more.  Mostly I completely aviod all demos that have anything to do with VX as previous experiences have not encouraged me to continue trying other games made in VX.  I have played a number of peoples demos, but most I dont comment on.  You dont know who you are whose games I have played and have not.  But for me to make a comment on an exceptionally good demo, this is it.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Vexus

Thanks for trying out the demo :)

1] That's a good idea, actually I'll see on changing the position of some text messages.

2] Will check out some of the text then.

3] I'll try and playtest the hospital again might be hard to find the exact chalkboard but I'll see what I can do.

4] I just play tested the rooms with the glass walls but got no priority issue (Unless you mean the head looks like it's going inside the top part before showing under which it's something rpg maker xp does by default) so it's either I changed something after the demo or I'm checking the wrong glass walls lol.

5] The room before you enter the ventilation has been slightly changed now there's a shiny thing on where you need to interact to continue.

6] Oddly enough long time ago another person on another forum suggested on using flying newspapers outside but I don't have the sprite itself and I'm not going to bother trying it out.

This same poster made me an opened can which rolls, I might use that tough.

---

Thanks for the criticism one can't improve without it :)

I'm kinda taking it super slow with the game's progress.

I got first outside map fully evented apart of story (Only first part so far) then I started thinking on having some houses/building accessible or not and well finished 2 houses and a building so far. One of the houses has most events on drawers etc the other is still without events.

The building is mapped complete just recently this week and still requires events for interaction and maybe secrets.

I think that's all accessible buildings I'll have in the first map or I'll never complete the chapter 2.

I am already doing some secret/hidden stuff and so far I have said building mapped being locked but there's a way to unlock it if you look around ;)

Apart of maps I had some lag issues with outside lights so had/have to tone them down sadly and had to invent some way to create lights in the future so I came up with the idea of using matches. Once outside you'll find a matchbox with some matches then it's up to you how you want to spend them. (Yes they are consumable)

There will be ways to find more matches of course but yea it would be odd having every empty house/building lit with some sort of light apart of light coming from windows so I had no other choice.

That's it I guess.

I got a screenshot of the building which is this:

I was trying my luck on spriting a corpse in an elevator :P
Current Project/s: