The Matrix [RPGmaker Version]

Started by PortableItPLZ, October 17, 2013, 07:16:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PortableItPLZ

Clearly many movies haven't been turned into amazing games, movies such as "Spirited Away", "The Fast & The Furious", "9", and a few others that I can randomly name off of my head.

But overall, I am in the process of ATTEMPTING to turn the movie "The Matrix", "The Matrix: Reloaded", & "The Matrix: Revolutions" into one full game package for the world to enjoy.

Now, here's where I am going to be having troubles...

I can't exactly find any decent tile sets to use for FUTURISTIC layout... pretty much, there won't be any "Maps"... and it will just be an endless set of movement from location to location. The only time a map will be initiated is when it comes to a part in the movie where say... the Nebuchanezzer (or whatever it is called) goes from Zion to roaming around, and so on and so forth.

Now, although I cannot exactly add "robotic situations" such as those pain in the neck robots that shoot the lasers and whatnot; but I will mostly design it around playing as Neo (nobody else).

At the moment, I am in the process of being well... lost in my work and currently unsure how to start it. If anything, I will probably start it like I would start the movie; although I am not fully sure yet, I am currently deciding upon a title screen, basic text layout and some other things.

No clue when this will get done... not sure if I want it to be a short game with mostly just battling non-stop and minimal events; or if I want it to be mostly a movie turned into an RPG with more events and less battling.

But, also... if anyone would like to help out (or possibly pursue this project with me), then feel free to do so. I'm not asking for help, but it would be nice to see what more than one person can accomplish.

Program Used: RPG Maker VX Ace
RTP: Standard
Custom Photos/Sprites: Maybe, I dunno... probably I'll just use the Character Generator for sprites and custom photos for faces.
Custom Soundtrack: Not sure if I want to use the MATRIX soundtrack or something else.

[W.I.P. - Minimal achieved at this time]
Bleeding Cross (by Lagoon-Sadnes) on Deviantart

WhiteRose

This looks like an ambitious project, but it's definitely something that you can do it you set your mind to it. :) Maybe one idea would be to make it kind of like a Visual Novel style - that would give a good "movie-like" presentation while minimizing the amount of art that you would need, and you wouldn't need to worry about much mapping.