Targeting multiple battlers/multiple instances of the

Started by ArcaneAlchemist, June 26, 2012, 09:25:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcaneAlchemist

I have done a boat load of scripting and have been coding for a long time before then. My dilemma is that I want to target multiple enemies with a button event. I know how to modify everything in the database, how to set up the key events, and how to change the skill.scope to = 2 instead of 1. So..

The only problem I have is making multiple instances of the Arrow_Enemy when I make the key event inside the Scene_Battle_3.update_phase3_enemy_select method. I can only seem to use one arrow at a time. I could probably just have the pointer graphic 'rigged' to show up on all targets with a for loop, but how do I actually use the Arrow class correctly here with multiple targets???

Am I just being a tardvark?

EDIT:
sorry, new here:

Engine: RPG MAKER XP
Problem is above, and pretty specific :)

Please don't double post within 24 hours. Just edit your previos post. Thank you! ~ G_G

Blizzard

Change @arrow in Scene_Battle to an array of Arrow_* instances (you can rename it to @arrows as well if you want) and put there the multiple instances. The rest should be clear to you if you're not a beginner at RGSS. If you still have troubles, feel free to post again.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ArcaneAlchemist

Worked perfectly! Now I can finish my damned battle algorithm!  :haha:

Thanks dude