[XP] Bestiary

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 05:11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 09, 2008, 05:11:16 pm Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:28:15 am by Blizzard
Bestiary
Authors: Blizzard
Version: 2.4
Type: Enemy Catalogue Display
Key Term: Player / Party / Troop Add-on

Introduction

This script will allow your characters to retrieve information about enemies during battle and show them in a window. It also has built-in compatibility for my "Advanced Analyze System" script and allows adding enemies to it only if enemies were analyzed at least once. This script can easily be used for Pokémon typed games.

This work is licensed under BSD License 2.0:
QuoteCopyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1.  Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2.  Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
    and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

3.  Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors
    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
    without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

You may use this script for both non-commercial and commercial products without limitations as long as you fulfill the conditions presented by the above license. The "complete" way to give credit is to include the license somewhere in your product (e.g. in the credits screen), but a "simple" way is also acceptable. The "simple" way to give credit is as follows:
QuoteBestiary licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić

Alternatively, if your font doesn't support diacritic characters, you may use this variant:
QuoteBestiary licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikic

In general other similar variants are allowed as long as it is clear who the creator is (e.g. "Bestiary created by Blizzard" is acceptable). But if possible, prefer to use one of the two variants listed above.

If you fail to give credit and/or claim that this work was created by you, this may result in legal action and/or payment of damages even though this work is free of charge to use normally.

Features

• display of full data of enemies
  • option to disable different information
  • integrated support for my "Advanced Analyze System"
  • press SHIFT/ENTER to change the appearance of the Bestiary window
  • use LEFT/RIGHT/UP/DOWN to navigate through the information database
v1.1b
  • bugs fixed
v1.2b
  • improved coding (uses less RAM now and processes faster)
v1.3b
  • increased compatibility
v2.0b
  • completely overworked and fixed compatibility issues
v2.1b
  • added custom info possibility
v2.2b
  • rewritten conditions using classic syntax to avoid RGSS conditioning bug
  • added SORT_BEASTS option
  • improved coding
v2.21b
  • improved coding
v2.3b
  • improved coding
v2.4
  • added new license
  • added usage and crediting instructions

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

Bestiary

Script

Just make a new script above main and paste this code into it.
Script Download

Instructions

Inside the script in the first comment.

Compatibility

98% compatible with SDK v1.x. 70% compatible with SDK v2.x. May cause incompatibility issues with exotic CBS-es. WILL corrupt your old savegames.

Credits and Thanks

• Boris "Blizzard" Mikić

Author's Notes

You MUST configure the script if you have scripts that use dummy elements! Do NOT give your enemies MORE than 11 elements/status effects of one resistance type (e.g. 12 or more elements, that are absorbed), because they won´t be displayed.

If you find any bugs, please report them here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com

That's it! N-Joy! =D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

diablosbud

Hey Blizzard I was wondering if you could please make a call script call that will allow me to add enemies to the bestiary, this will help majorly for compatibility with ABSs. So you use the call script and in the call script somewhere is the enemy's ID that you would like to add. If you could please do this I would be gratful, thank you for reading this post.

Sase

I'm pretty out but isn't it something like $game_system.beasts.push(id)

diablosbud

April 05, 2008, 12:04:33 pm #3 Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:28:10 pm by diablosbud
Thanks for the quick reply but it didn't work, but no error, wierd. Here is what I put as a call script "$game_system.beasts.push(29)", i'm not sure but I don't think there is one. That's why I asked. Thanks for trying though ;).

NVM it worked, with $game_system.add_beast(enemy.id) you have to take the 's' off of beasts.

Blizzard

Yeah, I did make an extra command. ^_^

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Exiled_by_choise

Hi I'm using this script and I wanted to no if someone could adapt your script so that when the buttom was pressed to open the beastiary it was done in the script instead of having an event on every page that would controll it.

thanx if you can.   :) :) :)

Starrodkirby86

Do you want the Bestiary to be launched on the Menu instead of using an event? That's the only thing I can pick out of it...

Try going for these posts:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=115.msg26363#msg26363
For this link, just replace everything that says RO Skill/System with Beastiary.

Here's another post with that information.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=164.0

Use both. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

v2.21b is up. After about 2 years. xD

G_G

Do you think or help me by making this work with animated battlers. What line(s) would I edit so I could divide the battlers bitmap width and height?

Please help!

fugibo

Just splice the code from the add-on into this script. It's not hard.

G_G

No not the tons of add ons the actual RTAB or whatever sideview animated battlers.
It has 11 poses each pose has 4 frames. Not the one from tons of add ons.

fugibo

Hmm.

So.

Find the code from the battle system.

Splice it in.

Done.

Blizzard

Gary The Duck

It says "Bestiary Is Empty" even if I've batteld a monster. :(

Jackolas

September 08, 2009, 10:01:58 am #14 Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:03:28 am by Jackolas
probably a other script is messing with it..
make sure you have the right order
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=23.0

Gary The Duck

Quote from: Jackolas on September 08, 2009, 10:01:58 am
probably a other script is messing with it..
make sure you have the right order
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=23.0
Thank you! I just got a little problem and that's becuse I'm using a animated sideviewbattle system. http://i29.tinypic.com/34ou97s.jpg

Holyrapid

Hey, i hope this isn´t necroing, but i want to know, can i add enemies to the bestiary,when they´re killed, if i use BABS? I mean, you wouldn´t analyze, but add them to it once they´ve been killed. If i´m not clear enough, tell me what you need to know more specific.

Blizzard

Quote from: diablosbud on April 05, 2008, 11:50:59 am
Hey Blizzard I was wondering if you could please make a call script call that will allow me to add enemies to the bestiary, this will help majorly for compatibility with ABSs. So you use the call script and in the call script somewhere is the enemy's ID that you would like to add. If you could please do this I would be gratful, thank you for reading this post.

Quote from: diablosbud on April 05, 2008, 12:04:33 pm
Thanks for the quick reply but it didn't work, but no error, wierd. Here is what I put as a call script "$game_system.beasts.push(29)", i'm not sure but I don't think there is one. That's why I asked. Thanks for trying though ;).

NVM it worked, with $game_system.add_beast(enemy.id) you have to take the 's' off of beasts.

And no problem about the necro.

Holyrapid

thanks. this is great... now to figure out how to add the option to mog´s menu...
Anyway thanks, and congrats on the level record of 300

Kett Shee

wow...this is a really good bestiary script. Really a must have(if i do say so myself).
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3