[XP] Bestiary

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 05:11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

objectionlogic

This is an awesome script but I get an error when I enter a battle on line 259.

NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `include?' for nil:NilClass

Is this because I tried using it in an old save?

WhiteRose

Quote from: Champion Blizzard on January 09, 2008, 05:11:16 pm

98% compatible with SDK v1.x. 70% compatible with SDK v2.x. May cause incompatibility issues with exotic CBS-es. WILL corrupt your old savegames.

objectionlogic

AresWarrior

i know it's not much, but i just wanted to say that you can make the Left/Right/Up/Down button inputs stop working when you're at a certain enemy/page.

For Example:
On page 1 (displaying the HP, SP, etc.), let's say you don't want the person to press UP. Pressing UP would make it go to the bottom page. Well after "Input.trigger?(Input::UP)" add "and @index_page >  0". This will make it so that you can't press UP while on page 1. This can be done on the last page too, and with enemies if you change @index_page to @enemies.

Blizzard

Circular selection was intended. Hence the "(CURRENT_PAGE = (CURRENT_PAGE + 1) % MAX_PAGES)" formula for the calculation of the next screen. -_-
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blue_AWOL

I can't add more than 4 strings of info for monsters! What do I need to change in order to have more than 4 sets of information?

Boba Fett Link

Hey, this may seem like a silly question, but how do I access the bestiary in the game? Is there a call script? I've looked over the instructions in the script hundreds of times but I can't find a call script that does it.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

ForeverZer0

$scene = Scene_Bestiary.new
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Boba Fett Link

This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Darkner

I could use some help. I've been customizing this script to fit my rpg, and the font and fontsize I use. I'm trying to reduce the number of pages to a minimum, and so I want the first page to display HP, MP, etc., and the second page to display Elemental Effects, and the third page to display Status Effects. So far, I've managed to make the first page, and setting up the 2 latter pages.

However, is there a way to display the status and elemental lists as "Fire, Lightning, Water" with elements seperated by commas, instead of a vertical list? And is there a way to place all the different element effect categories (Resistance, Immune, Absorb etc.) on the same page, like this:

Weakness:
Fire, Lightning, Water

Immune:
Ice, Wind

Absorb:
Holy

Currently, the script only allows to place the contents of each of these lists at the same spot, and thus needs to be a new page everytime. Is there a way to circumvent this?

Rudria

Blizzard, can you make this code compatible with Tons Multi drop Item, that if monster drop up to one item it show in bestiary.
Hey, My picture is NOT cloud, it real my face.
(before My face burned)

Blizzard

I have retired from RMXP over a year ago.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Rudria

why blizzard ??? why you retired from RMXP ???
is RMXP is not funny anymore for you ???
Hey, My picture is NOT cloud, it real my face.
(before My face burned)

Darkner

Ah, that's too bad, Blizz. My request goes out to everybody, by the way. Anybody with a little better understanding of Rubyscript than me... :D

Darkner

Anybody who could help me?

Cates

July 18, 2011, 12:26:11 am #35 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:16:15 pm by Cates
I'd like to use the Bestiary in conjunction with the Advanced Analyze System, and maybe I'm missing something, but I think the ANALYZE_IDS array is missing from the Bestiary script linked in this thread.

Or do you only have to identify your analyze skills in the array in the Advanced Analyze System script?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Resolved with some trial and error.

Narzew

This script is good. I used it in my project.
Please fix my english!
More scripts & Art - informatykaplus.cba.pl
I'm a scripter.

hyakkivn

How could I add the [Bestiary] Button into Foreverzer0's CMS.  :D