Floor Textures! (Inquisitor's tileset compatible) updated!

Started by littletomdj, July 22, 2012, 06:18:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

littletomdj

July 22, 2012, 06:18:51 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:57:31 pm by littletomdj
Over the past three days I've been working on some floor textures & trying to build a fairly comprehensive group of useful tiles. All the tiles in this post are mods. I've edited and compiled them to make a (hopefully) user friendly, compact & intuitive resource base.

Useful information
Spoiler: ShowHide
I like to create large tilesets that I can use throughout the production of my game, without having to create a new set for each map. For that reason, I avoid using autotiles wherever possible & save those slots for animated tiles. Don't worry though, I've made lots of autotiles just for you lazy mappers anyway!  O:)

The tiles in these sets serve all & more of the flexibility of autotiles &, as far as I'm aware, there is no variant that can't be created from these sets. In most instances you needn't draw on the second layer when you're mapping either.
I've also included sets with transparency for added flexibility.

This set will continue be updated for as long as I can be bothered.
It's unlikely that I'll upload many more Autotiles though.

All I ask for is a little appreciation, so just let me know if you like what you see.
These are mods of the VX tileset & Inquisitor's tileset, so make sure you give him a shout & check out his work.
Be sure to download the mini-strips, the sets are virtually unusable without them.

Screenshot

--------- TILESET ---------

Mini-Tile Strips

Tilesets

Negative

--------- AUTOTILES ---------

Asphalt

Blue Concrete

Grey Concrete

Cobbles & Cracked Stone

Grass

Mud

Transparency

Notify me if you spot any anomilies!

That's it for now. I hope they help!  :hi:

ForeverZer0

Nice collection. :)

Be sure to offer some credit to Inquisitor for the modifications of some of his tiles.

* Moves to database *
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.