[XP] XRXS ATB Battle System - Overhauled by Heretic

Started by Heretic86, December 04, 2012, 03:33:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

December 04, 2012, 03:33:34 am Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:43:29 pm by Heretic86
XRXS ATB Battle System - Overhaul by Heretic
Authors: Heretic, MakirouAru, fukuyama, TOMY
Version: 1.02
Type: RMXP ATB Battle System
Key Term: Custom Battle System

Introduction

This is a complete overhaul of the lesser known XRXS ATB Battle System which has been completely translated to English, and modularized for easier modifications.

The XRXS ATB Battle System is a Front View Battle System, which means you don't need to create or find additional Graphics to use.  If you have RPG Maker XP, you have everything you need.  Heck, you might even be able to find some scripts that allow you to turn this into a Side View Battle System with Animated Battlers!  But as I mentioned, that does require more work by creating or finding Graphical Resources.

I've tried very hard to make this as easy for you to use as possible.  There are a few options that you can change, but there isn't anything that you are required to configure.  That makes it even easier for you to use!

The deceptive simplicity hides the complex and robust nature of this Battle System.  It was rebuilt to allow you to use the RMXP Editor to create Battle Events as simple or as complex as you want.  

The Demo contains a moderately complex Evented Battle, where an Imp will summon two additional Enemies.  The Summoned Enemies are quite resistant to Physical Attacks.  However, the easiest way to win the Battle is to take out the Imp that summoned the additional Enemies.

Features

• A Front View Battle System requires No Additional Graphics

• There is very little to configure other than Battle Speed

• Fully translated to English with detailed explanations of functionality

• Cars go Vroom, Vroom!  (like you'll actually read this line anyway!  Ha!)

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Since this is a Front View Battle System (by Default), you already have all the Graphics you need!

Demo

http://www.775.net/~heretic/downloads/rmxp/XRXS/index.php - Version 1.02

Version 1.03 Released and contains a TON of New Add On Scripts, but is also bundled with a TON of other Content.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13682.0.html - Version 1.03 (bundled in Heretic's Collection)

Script

Script is available in Demo.

The script should be below Scene_Debug and above everything else (except an SDK)

Instructions

There are a few options.  Look at each individual Script Page for those options.

The most notable option is Battle Speed.  You can change the Battle Speed in the script itself, or set it by calling $game_system.battle_speed = 1.3

Note:  The Battle Speed setting is quite sensitive.  I've found that a Battle Speed of 1.1 works well for Slow Battles and 1.5 works well for Fast Battles.  A Battle Speed of 1.3 seems to be about the middle of the road.

Compatibility

Not tested for compatability with the SDK.

I believe this Battle System will be compatible with many existing scripts in existence that enhance the functionality of the Battle System.  It was designed to be as close to Enterbrains Default System as I could get it, while still allowing for more complex enhancements to function.

Due to the nature of this script, it will probably need to be tested with numerous scripts.  Please post if you have any compatability issues.

Credits and Thanks

• Original Authors to the best of my knowledge: MakirouAru, fukuyama, and TOMY

• Additional Thanks go out to Blizzard for all of his hard work on Chaos-Project.com, and KK20 for helping to come up with a solution to a bug in the script.

Author's Notes

The original script was not in English, which made it difficult to use and fix bugs.  The complete overhaul has fixed all of the bugs that I could find.  I've also split the script into different sections to allow for additional scripts to be written that enhance or change the functionality however you see fit.

Graphical Add Ons have also been completely separated which will allow scripters to build their own Battle Interface.  The Battle System itself does not need any of the Graphical Add Ons that are included.

I believe that scripters should be able to make modifications that allow it to have more than the default 4 Actors in a Party.  The idea of more than 4 Actors in a Party has not been tested with this Battle System as it would require a new Graphics Interface.  But, if you feel up to the task of writing something that can turn this Battle System into a Five Man Party Battle System, by all means do so!

Legal:

This script is not my property, and I make no claims that I am the copyright owner or original author of this script.  I have tried to contact the original author, but have not received any response in my request for permission to use the script.  I was also unable to find any restrictions in the usage of this script, and am hereby assuming implied permission in its usage and public sharing.  If you are the original author of this script and have any issues with the public sharing of this script, please let me know and I will remove public access to this script immediately, until we can agree on a solution.

I was given permission by one of the Moderators on Chaos-Project.com to publicly post this script, although I do not have, or claim to have explicit concent from the original authors.

Dotted lines go here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

Damn that documentation! Shows you really put a lot of effort into this script. I played around with it and think it's a really solid battle system--I'd prefer using this than the default in fact (something about action bars always fascinates me in games).

I noticed that some of the configuration is buried within the scripts (get_cp_cost, for example). Especially for the non-scripters, this could be confusing. If at all possible, make a single page that contains all the configurations.

I also think a good add-on would be to add a "Wait" command.

Quite a nice overhaul, even though I don't know what the original looked like :d
Very nice indeed. << LEVEL UP ↑ >>

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Diamond Star

I see this a great effort of you
so, ine I'm of Side View BS I downloaded the demo to try it maybe has what I looke for viz Sideview BS with some enhancing.
I'll replay later about it to show my opinion.
I have many dreams and look for who understand me and help me to achieve them

Heretic86

Quote from: KK20 on December 05, 2012, 12:13:46 am
Damn that documentation! Shows you really put a lot of effort into this script. I played around with it and think it's a really solid battle system--I'd prefer using this than the default in fact (something about action bars always fascinates me in games).

I noticed that some of the configuration is buried within the scripts (get_cp_cost, for example). Especially for the non-scripters, this could be confusing. If at all possible, make a single page that contains all the configurations.

I also think a good add-on would be to add a "Wait" command.

Quite a nice overhaul, even though I don't know what the original looked like :d
Very nice indeed. << LEVEL UP ↑ >>

Thank you!

I didnt event think about giving get_cp_cost as a configuration option.  At the time, I had it wrapped around my head to allow for other scripters to add more commands to the Action Command Window and how write the code in such a way that allowed them to do that.  But now that you mention it, yeah, that probably should be a configurable option.  I'll see what I can do.

Im thinking on the "Wait" option.  Essencially, wait would have to work just like Defend, but the Actor would not get the benefits from Defending (Physical Defense up by 50% or something like that) during the waiting period.  Let's Debate on that.

Original Version, just in case you are curious:
http://www.775.net/~heretic/downloads/rmxp/XRXS/XRXS_Original.txt
(trust me, this one is junk, and not stable, it freezes up and crashes your game)

---

I've followed your suggestions and put the non Add On options into one section, since I didnt even think to make CP Costs an option, they've been added as options.  Then I got to looking at something, and decided I didnt like it.  So I changed it.  Then I was happy.  What I was looking at was the option to include for additional commands, not just for a "Wait" option, but for anything. 

Additional Commands need to be handled, however, there was a bit of a dilema.  There was no code to handle other Commands.  So I created another empty class, named it "make_other_action_results" and called to it where the code would need to be called.  This should allow other scripters to each add their own commands, with the appropriate modifications by aliasing this empty definition.  I may need to do more work on the interface to include for several scripts making more additions, but Im trying to leave that alone as much as possible.

For now, after your suggestions, Im updating to 1.01.  More to come, Im sure.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Diamond Star

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12231.0.html

Indeed it is very good work and big effort in rescript this and explain i
that I appreciate much (level ++)
It's very good Battle System and has many feature I need.
If I hade seen before , it would apread long time I have spent requesting many thing

existed in it.

But I have some problem with it since I have now many perfect script I collected and

requested regard battle system and stuff related to it ,So I still want to use them with this

system
and the main matters are:
- I don't need Status Bars because I use Blizzard's bars, So it should removed at all.
- I don't need level up window because I use "Easy lvl up Notifier" by Blizzard ,and know

if I omit the class assigned in this mission I will get errors because it is used and called in

other scripts
- I want Status Text display in battle to bewith bigger font.
- I don't want Preventing Cancel Button property to be enabled ,I want the player be able

to cancel his action if he want.

If this thing need long and hard work then I mn't necessarated for it and can do my project

without it , but it will give some nice features. So, please don't bother yourself in this things

if it need much of modification on the script.

I want to ask about the troops 44 and 45 that there is switches one is "100: Battle Temp"
and the other is "020" they used ther but are they related to script function and have effevt

in its work or not

Heretic86

December 06, 2012, 05:30:34 pm #5 Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:32:50 pm by Heretic86
@Diamond Star

Delete these scripts from your version: BattleBars, Level_Up, and No Prior Actor.  (or put __END__ at the top of each of those scripts)  Leave Window_Base.  If you still get trouble with crashing or conflict with Blizz's stuff, post your error and I'll fix it.  Easy Peesy.  Core stuff is Required, other stuff is optional.

Switch 100 is not related to the script iself and you dont need it.  I just used it in the Demo for the Demo.

---

Edit:  Updated to version 1.02.  See Change Log.
I found a couple small glitches that were dependant on non default settings, and fixed a bug I created in 1.01.  Also fixed some other stuff to allow the Add On scripts to work independantly of the other classes making them Stand Alone scripts optionally as well.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

Diamond Star

Heretic86

I didn't change the font size, just so you know.  But hey, feel free to mess with it all you want until it suits your liking.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

KK20

Quote from: Heretic86 on December 05, 2012, 10:29:08 pm
Im thinking on the "Wait" option.  Essencially, wait would have to work just like Defend, but the Actor would not get the benefits from Defending (Physical Defense up by 50% or something like that) during the waiting period.  Let's Debate on that.

Well that would defeat the purpose since defend has a better incentive. What I was thinking was more along the lines of "Argh, I don't want this actor to do anything yet until that actor, whose CP bar is SOOOOO close to being filled, does this one thing first!" Basically the player has the choice to delay the turn of the actor slightly. I recall seeing Charlie Fleed's system doing something like that--the player has the ability to choose how long to wait (1 second, 3 seconds, etc).

From what I can see, it'll only take another command in the window and, when selected, prompts the user with another window to choose how long to wait. Depending on what they choose is determined from get_cp_cost. I can expect the values to be extremely small (less than 32768).

Not sure if this disrupts any "turn" counter you may have (i.e. the player can remove a status ailment quickly by just waiting).

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

That makes much more sense.  It does add more strategy to it as well.  Cast a spell, then use the item to recover SP, or something to that effect.  It might be more simple to pull off than you think.  Right now, hitting cancel causes Defend over Prior Actor.  It might be as easy as setting current_action.kind to -1 (no cp cost) and calling Next Actor.  If this does work, it wouldnt / shouldnt disrupt the turn counter.  I'll have to look at it tomorrow though as my brain has decided it no longer wants to stay on.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos: