Are anime English dubs really that bad?

Started by SBR*, July 23, 2012, 04:41:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moisesnake

May 23, 2014, 12:26:29 pm #20 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:41:55 pm by moisesnake
One of the best dubs Ive seen is cowboy bebop (very good anime)
mostly i watch anime in subs though ,because its almost always nearly 1-2 years from being dubbed by the time i finish it people that only watch the dubs are far behind from my standpoint.

the original goku from dragonball z,kai,gt was voiced by a woman

even though this is an older post i am posting here instead of making a new post
Stiring the bowlಠ_ಠ

Ryex

are English dubs bad? no, not inherently but it's easy to find badly done dubs. 4Kids for example is infamous for doing a really shitty job with the dubs and editing the stupid shit to make it kid friendly.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Zexion

May 23, 2014, 01:30:57 pm #22 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:32:30 pm by Zexion
Quote from: Ryex on May 23, 2014, 01:17:01 pm
4Kids for example is infamous for doing a really shitty job with the dubs and editing the stupid shit to make it kid friendly.

You would almost think that it was like "for Kids" or something :V  I don't think 4kids intention is to provide quality anime for us lol, but rather quality entertainment for kids.
In fact, I don't really know of many animes on television that are not aimed at kids now a days. Maybe we are just getting to old for this stuff :\

As much as everyone complains about it, I've always loved the english dub sailor moon and dbz. Never really heard complaints about the next two but i also liked Zatch Bell and Yuyu Hokusho's english dubs aswell. So, at least for me, english dubs aren't so bad o-O I think it's just in everyones heads. You see the anime in english and don't like it, give it a shot in it's original dub and then because of a few translations it's completely changed? As if the two lesbian girls in sailor moon really made that much of a difference being lesbian or not Lol. It's just my opinion, of course. I think people are just too picky now adays...

I'm going to post this to prevent more rambling

Blizzard

I agree that there are some crappy dubs, but I was always under the impression that the majority was at least decent. But on the other hand I haven't watched THAT many animes.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.