[XP] Advanced Analyze System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 05:02:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmage

Hello!! first off, I really like this script!! Very nicely made!! Thanks so much for this!! xDD

But I'm having some sort of problem.. umm.. when I start the game, the skill works fine.. but when I use a save file of the project.. and I use the skill in battles.. this error pops up:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong x(( btw, I'm using Moonpearl scripts along with it! any help would be very appreciated!

KK20

Compatibility

96% compatible with SDK v1.x. 70% compatible with SDK v2.x. May cause incompatibility issues with exotic CBS-es. WILL corrupt your old savegames.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Starmage

Ohh!! I just realized CBS stands for "Costume battle system"! xDD I forgot what it was, so sorry for my newbness once again!! And.. that is so sad indeed!! I was even hoping I could use the script for my project! x((

I wonder how I can do a scan skill without these problems though x((

KK20

You said that it worked when you started a new game, but it failed when you used an old save file, right?
Quote from: KK20 on May 25, 2016, 03:48:05 pm
Compatibility

96% compatible with SDK v1.x. 70% compatible with SDK v2.x. May cause incompatibility issues with exotic CBS-es. WILL corrupt your old savegames.

Other Projects

Starmage

Yeahh!! Oh my!! But my problem is that, people have already played my project and have save-files already! x(( if they have to keep on restarting everytime I update my game, that would be quite tiresome for them! x((

I'm very sorry for the confusions caused Kk20! but I really do my best to cater to my project's players as much as possible.. x((

KK20

May 25, 2016, 06:42:41 pm #25 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:44:33 pm by KK20
How about throwing this code at the bottom of the script?

class Scene_Load < Scene_File
  alias load_adv_anal_sys on_decision
  def on_decision(filename)
    load_adv_anal_sys(filename)
    @analyze_mode ||= 0
    @analyzed ||= []
  end
end

inb4 blizz posts xD

Other Projects

Starmage

Thanks so much for this KK20, but the error still pops up! x(( hmm, maybe I did something wrong? I pasted your code at the bottom-most part of Blizzard's Advanced Analyze script right after the "end end end" from Scene_battle within the script.. or do you mean I paste it as another script placed below Advanced analyze script? x((

KK20

Oh wow I was tired.

class Scene_Load < Scene_File
  alias load_adv_anal_sys on_decision
  def on_decision(filename)
    load_adv_anal_sys(filename)
    $game_system.analyze_mode ||= 0
    $game_system.analyzed ||= []
  end
end

Other Projects

Starmage

May 26, 2016, 01:48:47 am #28 Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 01:52:12 am by Starmage
Thanks for your help KK20, but it seems I still get the error even though I used your new code now! Hmm!! I'm very sorry for all the trouble! and thanks once again for all your help! please take your time with this and don't be pressured by my request! I believe that you can find a remedy for this.. as you had for my previous problems Kk20! :)

Honestly, I couldn't find any other scan scripts that are perfect for my game right now except for this! which I really feel would be a big addition for my project! x((

KK20

It's probably script order then. I forgot your script list has a lot of instances where class methods are redefined. In other words, my fix is being ignored because some script below it is overwriting it.

In that case, put the snippet as far down as possible in your scripts list while still being above Main.

Other Projects

Starmage

Umm, the problem is.. I've already put the script (Analyze along with your codes) at the most bottom part (above main)..

I did try putting the script vice-versa (above MP's scripts).. though there was no error, the skill didn't do anything (the spell was being cast by the char, all the animations took place.. but it didn't do anything as to reveal the enemies' data)..

So the problems on the orders were:

If at bottom most part or middle parts = The error pops up
If at top most part = there was no error, BUT, when the skill is cast, it does nothing!

OH! and here's my script.rxdata file (the one i'm using now), maybe you can see clearly there what might be the problem:
https://www.mediafire.com/?kvtmvegquhg7hzn

:(

KK20

class Scene_File < Scene_Base
  alias load_adv_anal_sys read_save_data
  def read_save_data(file)
    load_adv_anal_sys(file)
    $game_system.analyze_mode ||= 0
    $game_system.analyzed ||= []
  end
end

I guess aliasing that method actually does make more sense instead. I should change one of my scripts...

Other Projects

Starmage

Woww!!!! It worked!! I am no longer encountering the error with the new safe-file!! and the skills worked perfectly fine now!! I knew you could find the remedy KK20!! Thank you so much!! xDD This script will be a very perfect additional feature in my game! and I cannot thank you guys enough! for the script itself and all the help that you've given!! :D

Your codes and patches are not only helpful for me, but also to everyone who may have encountered the same problems as I do! so thank you so much once again! :)