1 Damage only in Blizz-ABS

Started by Memor-X, July 09, 2008, 07:03:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

i din't know if this is in the right place, please move if it isn't

in a Blizz-ABS game i have an idea on, i want my enemies to deal very, very little damage and my character to deal about the same, at the start of the game, both enemies and character deal 1 HP damage only, i got it working to an extent but the problem i have is that now and again, the enemy pulls off an attack which deal enough damage to kill me (starting HP is 3 so the enemy is doing 3 i think) and when i attack, i deal 1 HP, 2 HP and 0 HP, what i want is the enemy at this point to deal only 1 HP damage and me to deal the same unless i'm defending (which i got figured out), anyone know how to do this, i've the best i can do is making all the stats (Attack, Defence, Attack Power and Def Power) all 1 with both the enemy and the character

also, this game will have something like an ocrena in it, so i want to know what function i would have working when a switch is on to stop everything from moving and to stop the enemies from attacking if their in range to attack you

Aqua

If you want enemies to do 1 dmg every time they attack you, then get rid of the attack command from them, and give them a new skill.

This new skill should have SP cost of 0, power of 1, and factors of 0.

I'm not sure how you would get the actor to do 1 dmg every single time though...

Blizzard

Just use a script that enforces 1 damage during attack. You can actually achieve the same effect with this little edit. Find the method "def attack_effect" in Game_Battler. Simply find the line that says "self.damage = SOMETHING". Just replace SOMETHING (whatever it is) with 1 and that's it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

July 11, 2008, 09:48:53 pm #3 Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:49:31 pm by NAMKCOR
you 'could' simply re-calibrate the stat curves at a very low level
but idk if that'd make them only do 1 damage a pop

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr