[XP] Custom Stat Growing System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 05:15:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

Is this comptible with BABS? And if so, does it work even with some of blizz's add on to it? And i´m thinking of using LCCS aswell, so does it work with it?

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Holyrapid

phcs666

Dude, this is the best thing ever made for RMXP, i aways hated that level up thing, this is more realistic, but, i was wondering:

It could be even more realistic if the increassed HP/SP amount were based on a defined % of the lost HP/SP, and not a fixed number... same thing for STR, DEF, INT, and AGI:

HP will incrasse based on total damage taken in the whole battle  ( of course it will be a small % of the total damage )
SP will increasse based on total SP used in the whole battle
STR will increasse based on the total damage made by atacking ( also on STR based skills )
DEF ( dex  :<_<: ) will increasse on the total damage taken wile defending
INT will increasse on total damage made by using magic atacks ( also only INT based skills... )
AGI on how many atacks and evasions made in the battle ( also if the actor is the first to atack... )

Well i am kinda asking for you to rewrite the script but, it will be cool :D, it will be even more realistic !

( im brazilian so if i wrote something wrong just dont mind it  :ninja: )

Blizzard

In case you didn't know, most games aren't realistic and that's what makes them fun to play.
There are already enough random factors in the script to make it seem realistic. The suggestions you gave wouldn't be much of a difference.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

i was curious while looking at this last night but i was wondering if this could work with the blizz's stat distribution? so that way you would have a use for the exp

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Jragyn

I was going about trying to add on an extra few digits to the script, but it pops syntax error.
Am no scripter, but I don't see an issue with this based on the way the script is written:
          if actor.xstr >= STRRATE_MIN && rand(100) < STR_CHANCE
            actor.str += STRRATE
            actor.xstr = 0
            STRRATE_MIN += 8
            @status_window.level_up(i)

If you add the extra line, "STRRATE_MIN += 8", I thought it'd make it so that for the next time to increase it'd actually require more "stimulation". But again, it pops a syntax error and I don't know why :(

Also, it doesn't seem to pop anything when a stat goes up using Blizz-ABS.
In a naked project, I mean, with no other scripts.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Blizzard

Variables with a capital beginning letter are constants and constants cannot be reassigned anywhere else in the script anymore. You will need to structure your script in a different way. Maybe a normal variable would be enough for the kind of script you are trying to make.

Black Dragon

Thanks Blizzard You Are The Best!!!
I Have Great Memories About FF2.
Firion Max Hp Increased!

Blizzard

I had traumatizing memories about FF2. xD
I'm glad you like it.

kpatable

Is there any way to make this compatible with VX? If there is, then I will love you so much because this kind of leveling up system is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Magus

HELL YES! I DIDN'T THINK THIS EXISTED! WOO. *Ahem*  For my new game, Darkness, I wanted to throw out that annoying "leveling up." Especially since I'm giving it all in this one...but leveling up every time ruins my balancing.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Shinx

WhiteRose

Quote from: Shinx on July 25, 2013, 12:38:21 am
Can I use this with XAS ?

Though I don't know very much about XAS, I would imagine that, being a completely custom battle system, it doesn't use a lot of the code used in the regular battle system, and thus would not be compatible with this add-on. However, depending on the complexity of XAS, it might be possible for a scripter to whip-up a compatibility patch for you. That would take someone more talented at scripting than I am, though. :)