my real time animated menu

Started by diagostimo, August 06, 2012, 03:29:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

diagostimo

August 06, 2012, 03:29:29 am Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:33:26 am by diagostimo
hi there guys, i have been currently been developing a real time one player menu for my rmx-os project, so i was wondering what people thought of it, its nowhere near complete, i plan on making the windows images and having the menu selections as images etc, but i was mainly wondering what people thought of the structure of it :) alas here it is:
http://youtu.be/2w9iBqaDLZY

R.A.V.S.O

Well actually that current structure you have seems ok (considering you DO get images on your first window)
what you should watch out for is that the menu doesn't cover a huge area of the screen, especially if you plan
to have most things be menu-accessible,

I guess you could (later in development) add shortcuts?

P.D: Pretty cool-looking map at 0:42 you have ;)
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

diagostimo

thanks :) ill defiantly be adding short-cuts to quickly navigate to them with it been a real time menu and what not :) also the actual menu will be bigger, but yes i will defo have to make sure the windows aren't to big, like the current equipped menu is way to big as it obstructs the character, i think i may make a ragdol image of the equipped items, then i can make a small info window linking to the currently selected equipment

KK20

I'd make the windows partially transparent--that way the player doesn't go searching through his inventory, closes it, and finds himself surrounded. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the sliding windows. Too time consuming.

Keep at it though. I'm sure you'll find something that will work.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

diagostimo

i dont plan on making my windows the size of the screen like seen in the item one, mostly they will be around the size of the stat details one you saw, to save size i will probably only have the icons of items etc in the selection window, then have a small detail window below giving description on the currently selected item, i agree the sliding windows are a little time consuming, i might try fading them in depending on the curently selected menu, but i will get there :D

Seltzer Cole

Quote from: diagostimo on August 06, 2012, 03:29:29 am
hi there guys, i have been currently been developing a real time one player menu for my rmx-os project, so i was wondering what people thought of it, its nowhere near complete, i plan on making the windows images and having the menu selections as images etc, but i was mainly wondering what people thought of the structure of it :) alas here it is:
http://youtu.be/2w9iBqaDLZY

Hey give us an update on this. I would like to know how far along you have come with this idea. I made a real time menu system that 100% works and I would love to compare notes or just see if you have improved on your system.
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0