Using Blizz ABS.. an auto casting script

Started by Kiwa, August 11, 2012, 01:59:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwa

Hey fellas.
I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. I've literally spent 5 hours or more on it..so...I'll get right to it.

What I'm trying to do is create Spell effects that can be added after a spell or skill.
what I'm trying to do is:
Say I want to cast fire ball and do damage..then a completely new spell can happen that's not learned by the class.. like gaining a small amount of HP.

Sorry its kinda hard to explain what I'm looking for
I tried with common events, which i can do.. but i cant find an option to call a spell on hero, all heros, enemy, or all enemys..
and that's really what I'm looking for.

I tried Hot Dot ..and it will AWLAYS subtract HP no idea why.  i set perimeters like it said.
I tried using blizz ABS combo system..which it works but gets stuck in a loop of endlessly showing the casting circle (even when i select endcombo option)
I tried searching the web for script that calls on spells.

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

KK20

I'd like to see what your combo looks like. From what I'm understanding from your request, using the combo system is your best bet.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Kiwa

Sure. I can rebuild it when I'm home. Im currently out and will be out for dinner.

The reason I was hoping to do it through common events was because I don't want it in the spell book. And I want it to be a perk from casting the spell.
So it would have no cost.
And there for could be spammed in abuse if in the spell book.
And I could also use it for many other things to like say a constant hp or mana regen while walking around.

I tried adding it as a spell and using the combo system as a last resort.
But I'll post it when I get home.

KK20

It's like 1:30 AM for me, so I'll see it when I wake up I guess. If I wasn't clear in my last post, I'm not entirely sure what it is that you are requesting.

Perhaps when I see a physical example, I'll have a better idea.  :zzz:

Other Projects

Kiwa

Here is the code. Gnash is a spell damage hit.
Gnash is "COMSkill, 11"
Off Heal is "COMSkill, 14"

What im looking to do is with some skills.. do an "added effect"
what "off heal" is.. is a free spell that i want to auto matically cast after gnash..but not be selectable from the menu.

Im sure you can see it in the combo code.

module Combos

def self.total_actions(com)
      case com.id
      when 1 then return 2 # Gnash Combo
      end
      return 1
    end

def self.commands(com)
      case com.id
      when 1 #Gnash Combo
        case com.aid
        when 1 #Gnash
          return [[COMSkill, 11]]
        when 2 #Off heal
          return [[COMSkill, 14],
                  [COMAbort]]
        end
      end
      return []
    end

def self.anim_data(com)
      return [0, [3, 3, 3, 3], '', false]
    end

end

end

Once again ill sum up what im trying to do with a "tool tip" for Gnash perhaps

"Strikes the enemy with Darkness damage causing the enemy to take additional Darkness damage over 6 seconds and restoring a small amount of HP to the caster"

and perhaps i can create "kiwas own retarded simplified code" to get the point across. using J as the cast key like in BABS

*if this confuses you ignore it.. and ill find another way to explain it.*

Kiwa code 1.noob

------names of my spells------
Spell "Gnash"
enemyHP - 20 = enemyHP
end

Spell "Off Heal"
heroHP +3 = heroHP
end
-------Get key-------
On Keypress "J"
cast spell "Gnash"
cast spell "Off Heal"
end

A twin spell casting..or immediate chain one after the other on its on "Macro".

After all that typing.. i thought of this.. (im leaving that stuff there..cuz it was a lot of effort and thought..lol)
I dont wanna refer to it this way but...
Ever play WoW? bet you have..
imagine a shadow priest that hits with mind blast...gaining back HP with vamperic embrace.

but i want to do this with many spells ...restore HP or Mana..
and i also want to make one do both passivly thru a common event so if in combat and you run out of mana.. you can jsut run around till you gain more.

your probably more confused now..
Thanks for taking this on lol.

KK20

Yeah, I think combos are your best bet for this. What you have there is almost correct. Right under the use of the first skill in Action 1, you need a [COMGoTo, 2]. I wasn't able to recreate the problem you said about the looping casting animation.

As for walking around and gaining HP/MP, that's easily done with a Common Event set to Parallel Process and using Conditional Branches to check if the player has learned the skill. Then throw a 'Wait' command in there to slow down the healing process.

And no, never played WoW

Other Projects

G_G

With Blizz-ABS combos, the actor can only cast a skill if he knows it. (At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.)

KK20

Which is completely easy to edit:
Blizz-ABS Part 2, line 1176, change to this
@ch.use_skill($data_skills[command[1]], true)

I wonder why it wasn't like this originally. I mean, even the manual says it.
Quote5.3.7. Skill
The Skill command will cause the character to perform a skill of the specified id. This works as a force command, thus the character does not need to know the skill, but only needs to have enough SP to use it, not be dead, and not be silenced.

Other Projects

Kiwa

Thanks. It works! And the spell is not in my spell book. Problem is that I have to select my self for the off heal.
And problem 2 is that if I cancel gnash I can still cast off heal and heal for free lol.

Im also trying to work with the blizz auto target for this but like someone else said in the posts it keeps showing the cast circle..ill have to mess with it in a few hours. I have alot to attend to atm.

Thanks a bundle for this help! You guys are great!

KK20

Have you tried LiTTleDRAgo's Auto Target script?

As for the healing, wouldn't you want to set the scope to "The User"? That way it ignores having to select a target to heal.

Other Projects

Kiwa

I Tried the Blizzard Auto target script as well as LiTTleDRAgo's modification on this forum.

strangest thing would happen tho..it would allow me to target right.. no problem.. however it still brought up the casting circle.. and wouldn't even focus my target that i had selected with my pretty new animation :D

so I saw someone else was having that issue..sooo. i followed blizzards instructions to him. saying to  move line "A" after the End command. and it WORKED!! no more casting circle..
THEN!!
i hit J to cast.. and nothing happened.. i set direct hot keys..and nothing happened.. i couldn't shoot my skills.

So in a temperament of "why why hwy!?" i spammed the key.
and it worked. shooting...2 fireballs at once and being WAY to powerful lol. and that was the only way it worked.. spamming till it shot 2 fireballs.

after a collected hour or 2 trying to figure it out.. i removed it for now.

I would love to implement it. i may remove the combo if i cant get it to work how i want it to (sadly).

And now im trying to figure out how to make BABS enemies stand still until they hear or see you within their range.

once those few things are done.. i need to alter characters and make animations ...and from there on out..its smooth sailing :D

I hit level up under your name(hopefully im allowed to do that. i see ppl say it a lot for appreciation and i truly appreciate your help. i also see you all over the forum helping.. so you deserve what ever can be given :D )

**funny note.. i found my original project1 that i thought i had lost in my crash, but my new ones far better.. lol**