[XP] Organized Quest System

Started by KK20, August 15, 2012, 02:04:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylphe

June 30, 2014, 01:34:21 pm #40 Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:05:19 pm by Sylphe
Ok I added the script for save files at the end of Quest script... And I still have this error ._. undefined method "include?"
Here is the bug :

Spoiler: ShowHide

Here are my scripts :

EDIT : I just do a suggestion but... Maybe there is a conflict between Blizz ABS and this quest system ? Both redefined Game_Party.
In all my scripts I searched "class Game_Party" because it is obvious that the variables initialized in the Game_Party part of your script are deleted.
And here is what I found :

I don't know if this enter in conflict with the Game_party redefining of your Quest script... I will do some experiment but if you have another clue I want to know :S

EDIT : I just copy/pasted my Quest script to another project of mine using BlizzABS and it works, so... I think it comes from RMX-OS Lol or I don't know ._. this bug it's sooooo annoying :'(

EDIT : Ok problem solved, the problem appear when you necropost on this forum but it disappears some times after
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss

Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBearTRY KEEP UP

KK20

Super minor update.

The regular expression I was using to replace \v with game variables was a little wonky. Also made sure that those along with new lines (\n) will work for single and double quote strings.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

marfil92

It's possible to add this script in a pokemon essentials project?? How I can do it? Thanks!!

KK20

I've never tried using Pokemon Essentials with it. I remember google searching for my script and saw some Pokemon fangame claiming to use it, so I would assume it works fine. How about trying it for yourself and posting back any errors you receive?

Other Projects

Sin86

January 17, 2018, 06:28:51 pm #44 Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:03:58 pm by Sin86
Great idea. Anyway to get the quest menu, is there a way you can get the quest menu script accessible for this script?

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,111.0.html Blizzard's Stormtronics.

KK20

I could but you're going to have to be more specific as to what you want. Stormtronics wasn't exactly designed to be modified easily in mind.

If I were to just add another menu option to the side for Quests, it would make the window too large and overlap the playtime, gold, and location window for example.

Other Projects

Blizzard

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WASN'T DESIGNED TO- Oh wait, you're right about that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Updated to 1.22 for an issue regarding using this script in XPA.

quest_number = sprintf("%03d", nil)
p quest_number
exit

Attempting to run this snippet above will work fine in Ruby 1.8 but crashes in Ruby 1.9.

Has to do with implicit conversions using the Integer() method. NilClass has an explicit conversion via to_i; we're not talking about that. For whatever reason, Integer(nil) returns 0 in 1.8, but will error in 1.9. It makes sense that they did this change. Just another weird thing to watch out for I guess.

Other Projects