Superstition, Intuition, and other inexplicable fealings

Started by Ryex, August 17, 2012, 11:16:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Mmm... Here are two examples of dreams I've had that has happened pretty much in line with reality.

This first one, about 90-95% of things matched up.
I had this dream a month or two before it happened in reality, but when the reality portion started giving me a sense of "familiarity," I was able to predict what would happen (what a person and I said word for word, the exact way my eyes would move), until I got to the point where the dream "ended" (or just forgotten).
The whole thing occurred in a matter of like... 40seconds to a minute, so it shouldn't be a long story.

Dream Version of what I remember:
I was in the art classroom of my high school, working on a painting.  I had just painted two black lines on an otherwise white surface in a fancy sideways U shape.  My teacher came over and pointed out that the ends of the lines should be closer together to be symmetric with the other side.  I replied with, "Yeah, I know I messed up.  Can't change it now though."

Reality version:
I realized the feeling of familiarity at the start of me painting the second line.  I just /knew/ that I was going to paint it too far from the other line, but I did it anyway.  It kind of felt like auto-pilot.  The timing of my teaching coming over, our conversation, and the way I looked from her to my painting matched exactly with my dream.  I knew what I was going to say next without a thought.

I think some details that differed were which side of a corner of the room I was working on (I don't remember in either the dream or reality version).
It didn't "feel" like there were other people in the dream, but I was in a classroom full of other kids.  However, from where I was working, I wouldn't be able to see anyone either without turning around, just my canvas and like... wall XD

Second story...
Basically I had a dream about playing a video game I have never seen before in real life.  However the game wasn't new to the dream version of me, because I was doing well.  A fight was ending where a very low health enemy was running, I shot a skillshot for the killing blow but missed, I decided to chase after him only to run into his teammate who killed me.
A few months later from that night I had the dream did I only start playing this game (I did not realize this was the game in the dream though).  Only when I got the feeling of familiarity did I realize this game was in my dream awhile back, and missed the skillshot again.

(It was DotA2 with Windrunner's Powershot.)
It was like a twenty second span of my dream happening again in reality in that match of DotA.

It took this specific scenario to make me realize that it was this game I had dreamed about.
I had played hundreds of games with Windrunner, missed dozens of Powershots, chased tons of enemies, and stuff, but the exact chain of events happening in order was exact to the dream.

-Side Note-
When was the last time I posted? Dx

Lobstrosity

@Blizzard: I know, and knowing what someone is going to say (without a deju-vu related dream) happens all the time. But the weird part is that I thought of what they were going to say from a dream, and the only time I get that feeling, it always happens word for word. I thought it might be because out of all dreams, some are to coincidentally match up with reality. But then I wondered why I never these 'predictions' wrong.

And just so you know, I know they aren't really anything special. xD I just want to see everybody's opinion on why this is.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!