New Computer: Lenovo ThinkPad T430

Started by Boba Fett Link, August 18, 2012, 10:47:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Fett Link

Well, I have a new laptop. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick it out. Its a Lenovo ThinkPad T430. Since I know nothing about it (I have read some mixed reviews on the internet), I was wondering if any of you know anything about it. Is it a good computer? It plays RPG Maker way better than my old computer, where it lagged horribly.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

winkio

I've heard good things about lenovo, although I've never owned one myself.  Seems like you got a good model.

Blizzard

Same here. Lenovo is definitely one of the better brands.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Boba Fett Link

Well, that's good. Makes me feel a little bit relieved. So far, I haven't had any problems with it. Its just that I'd never heard of lenovo before, so I wondered if it was a cheap brand.

Ryex

August 22, 2012, 03:40:06 am #4 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:18:30 pm by Ryex
it's IBM's laptop brand. it's a business model brand, tipicaly built for usability and travel. you'll get decent battery life and good build quality but don't expect a power house.  << all that is just form leveno reputation not facts about that model.

form looking at that model however it look like you got a GOD of a laptop. I'd be curious exactly what the specs are. if you can get your hands on the program CPU-Z and screen shot the specs it displays in each of the tabs  that would be cool.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Without knowing the CPU, RAM, and if it has the optional GPU, I don't see how anybody can really say if its a "good" labtop or not.

Also, grammar nazi: MODEL
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Memor-X

Quote from: Ryex on August 22, 2012, 03:40:06 am
it's IBM's laptop brand. it's a business model brand, tipicaly built for usability and travel. you'll get decent battery life and good build quality but don't expect a power house.  << all that is just form leveno reputation not facts about that model.

My Aura is leveno, second hand when i went into my Bachelor Degree at Uni, i can vouch for the battery life on her since at times i just close her up, a week later she's still running.......though she is mad at me at that point and just refuses to respond when i unlock her so i have to restart (i can understand what she's feeling, it's like closing your eyes but not falling asleep, remembering everything), though she can't play any modern games, she has trouble with the Dark Sword Attack Yuela learned in Kamidori Alchemy Miester as some of the animation is skipped but she serves me well

Boba Fett Link

Here are the CPU-Z images.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Ryex

well it a fairly powerful laptop  but it only has integrated graphics so you wont be able to play game on medium or high.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Boba Fett Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ujtrHvOTk

Not the same model as mine, of course. They are using X1s. But everything I've read has said that mine is supposed to be even more durable...

Aqua

I have a T420.  It has integrated graphics and an NVIDIA high performance GPU thing too.
Yours should too I think?

Boba Fett Link

Yeah, I think so. I know some people who have the T420.

Its funny, before I got this one I'd never heard of lenovo. But now, I see them EVERYWHERE!