(Paid Request)Blizz Abs aim/attack with mouse.

Started by StarSkipp, August 20, 2012, 09:34:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

StarSkipp

August 20, 2012, 09:34:02 pm Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:47:39 am by StarSkipp
Introduction
Hi one and all. I like to make a request for a blizz abs add on for my project, a friend of mine came up with an idea for a dead space/resident evil style shooting mechanic that could be doable but I really want to know if it's possible.

Scripts in use
Blizz ABS 2.84
Mouse Controller by Blizzard (Edit removed due to hotkey issue, Left mouse click stick still activates weapon)

The Idea

1 and 2 applies to me.  

But basically the general idea was for the mouse to be only activated once a key input is toggled on, changing the sprite whilst slowing down movement for the actor. The only hard part would be caculating the cursors position and changing the actors direction whilst pointing.

So features in a nutshell
1. Mouse only activated by "key input" which toggles on by pressing once.
2. Sprite change once "key input" is toggled on and therefore actor would be slowed down (configurable by actor I.D and movement speed. Although this can easily be doable in the orignal script e.g sneaking.
3. The player can move whilst aiming with weapon (not with the mouse but with the default direction keys)
4. 8 directional targeting, with actor facing direction of mouse(can only shoot/melee up, down, left and right, But the argument is that the 8 directions would create the illusion of free aiming)
5.Aiming is turned off again by "key input".

Bonus feature
Cursor change when hovering over an enemy or Cursor change once enemy is in weapon range.

Author notes.
I'll be willing to sacrifice the 8 directions with the basic 4 if it's impossible. Also if it's impossible to calculate the cursors position then maybe click once in desired direction and second click to attack might be doable. And finally I'll be willing to pay for the script in question, just give me a quote.

Minor fake edit. I notice that point 3 and 4 contradict each other, As I'm not using any specific movement scripts that supports 8 way movement, I might have to scrap the 8 directions. :(

I would really appreciate any feedback or help that you can give me.