[RESOLVED] Blizz ABS: Need help setting the leader to the main hero

Started by Xim, August 23, 2012, 07:34:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Xim

Okay, so I want to be able to set the leader to be the first character, Or at least LOOK like the main player, so I can do cut scenes for my game. I think the easiest way for me to do this would be to just change the player to look the main hero at the start of an event, and then go back to their original graphic at the end of it.

I'm sorry if this seems like a "noob question" but I'd really, really appreciate some help. I've tried doing various combinations of "$BlizzABS.player.switch_leader" and changing the sprite in a simple "Set Move Route" event graphic change, but I have had no luck. I have done searches throughout the forum, so I'm asking as a last resort.

Boba Fett Link

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking...

If you want to change a character graphic (either a party member or enemy) you can't use Move Route. For party members, use Change Actor Graphic on the third page.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Xim

Okay, sorry I should be giving more information. Thanks for the quick reply BTW.

What I want to do really is change the leader of the party to a specific actor, specifically for cut scenes. But then I figured since I was going to disable the caterpillar during them then I might as well just change the character graphic to be the main hero's. I was refraining from using the "Change Actor Graphic" because there was no way to determine which player was the leader.

But... then I realized that if I just change the graphics for all the other characters to be the hero's and then back to normal at the end of the event then it works just fine. So I guess my problem is solved.

KK20

Just in case anyone else may need this...
Spoiler: ShowHide
class Game_Player < Map_Actor

def change_sprite(actor_id)
    actor = $game_actors[actor_id]
    return if actor.nil?
    @revert_character_name = @character_name_org
    @character_name_org = actor.character_name
  end

def revert_sprite
    @character_name_org = @revert_character_name
    @revert_character_name = nil
  end

end
Paste this below the BABS scripts. Now you can use $game_player.change_sprite(actor_id) to change the player's graphic.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!