where do i download the rtp for arc editor

Started by gamemaker825, August 24, 2012, 02:16:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gamemaker825

Hi everyone i have downloaded the program but it needs the rtp and i cant find it i even did a search. :)

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

gamemaker825

Blizzard

Currently only the engine beta is available for download. You can get it from here: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11882.0.html

I'm not sure how much more work F0 has left with the editor beta, but it should be done soon.

The RTP is technically open to everyone, but you have to install Dropbox in order to access it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

gamemaker825

so if i install Dropbox i get the rtp, i just dont understand way the program is out but now the rtp becasue i want to try it out and it says unable to find graphics titles /001._title01

Blizzard

Oh, that RTP. You have to install RMXP's RTP for the beta to work. The files are located in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS\Standard" (or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS\Standard" on 64-bit PCs). Just copy the folders "Audio" and "Graphics" into the folder of the engine beta.
If you don't have it installed yet, you can download the RPG Maker XP RTP from Enterbrain's site: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

gamemaker825

Ok i got it working but i have one more question, how do you edit  like make a new one or the test game that came with it is there commands some where or is the editor not ready to edit a game yet or to make a game.

Blizzard

You can make a game in RMXP and then convert the final product to ARC using the project converter. http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11843.0.html

You have more instructions in the beta topic where you downloaded it.

gamemaker825

gamemaker825

Hi is arc editor going to be its own editor or just for rmxp, way im asking this is way would i us this for then rmxp, is arc better then rmxp or what , and where can i find info on it because i want to know way this editor is going to be coming out. :)  sorry for all the guestions.

Subsonic_Noise

1. It's gonna be its own editor in the end.
2. Please don't doublepost within 24 hours
3. Please improve your punctuation and spelling

gamemaker825

Sorry about the duble posting, But that i read is better then rmxp i just wanted to know, way everyone is using it if you cant even make a game yet, so your just telling me that for now all we can do is us rmxp and port game and convert it, or is there more stuff im missing thats on the editor right now. And I dont know how to us the right , and . and ? because i left school at 9th grad so i speel at a 3erd grad lever, so i dont realy like how mean that was of what you said to me, im sorry for what ever i did, but thanks for your time.

ForeverZer0

Lol, seriously?
He asks that you write in a manner that people other than you can actually read, so you make a bad attempt at trolling and purposefully start spelling worse? He has been nothing but helpful, and this is the thanks he gets for it...

Anyways, to answer your question before you threw in the childish sentence at the end, you are right. As of the moment, there is no public editor to create an ARC game from scratch at the moment. You can convert RMXP games to ARC, and can benefit from the increased performance and a few additional abilities, but that is more or less it.

I am a couple weeks behind on the editor, but it is pretty far along. Currently the major two things needed are to finish the map editor, which currently is about 50% done, and finish the event editor, which is about the same percent finished. I have been lazy and not done a lot the past few weeks, but that will likely change this weekend. I don't have many plans, so I should have no problem finding some time to get some work done.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

gamemaker825

August 24, 2012, 05:52:38 pm #13 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:28:13 pm by gamemaker825
 :(Ok sorry for the rudness and the spelling, i will try harder i just thought that he was rud im sorry for everything, please fugive me for all this, and thanks for the info, i cant wait tell it comes out because im looking forword to using your program. If you need any help on your program i know how to program im a programmer my self, and sorry for being mean to your fourm staff, i just toke it the  wrong  way. so sorry for that.