[LUA]Beginner Lua Tutorials

Started by SquareMan, August 25, 2012, 03:20:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SquareMan

August 25, 2012, 03:20:24 am Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:53:59 pm by SquareMan
I recently started a Beginner Lua Tutorial Series on my youtube channel. I'm starting with the basics with just the console, but once I finish that I'm going to go over how to use it in other situations such as ComputerCraft and the Love 2D API. There are 8 lessons currently uploaded and I have gone over (in order of appearance)

Link to playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5D2E7A4DD535E276&feature=view_all

Also, If I forgot to mention anything in a lesson leave a comment and I'll do something about it, we all forget sometimes.
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Blizzard

That's pretty awesome. A colleague at work uses Lua. I'll link him, maybe he can learn something he didn't know. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SquareMan

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

SquareMan

stripe103

Ohh, awesome. I can use this for ComputerCraft in Minecraft :)
Awesome job! ++

SquareMan

August 27, 2012, 04:54:33 pm #6 Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:04:51 pm by SquareMan
Quote from: stripe103 on August 27, 2012, 10:50:55 am
Ohh, awesome. I can use this for ComputerCraft in Minecraft :)
Awesome job! ++

After I finish these basics I will go over the APIs of computer craft as well ;)

Also, I'm Uploading Lesson 8 right now, should be up in like 3 minutes

EDIT: It's up, however it's only in 480p, give it a few minutes to process for it to become 1080p :)