ROMs

Started by Blizzard, July 11, 2008, 07:08:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

July 11, 2008, 07:08:28 am Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:15:16 am by Blizzard
I just recently read the webcomic Captain SNES. I posted a link in the Entertainment section and even gave a few links with some hilarious scene in the shoutbox. Of course one of the featured characters in the comic was Megaman (Rockman in Japan). I've played several Megaman games during my time which I didn't like too much. The only two series that I actually did like were Megaman Zero and Megaman X. I've played Megaman X 1, 2 and 3, but none of the newer ones. I decided to find X 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 so I took yet another google journey to pursue my goal. X7 and X8 are for PS2 so I had to find the PC version while X 4, 5 and 6 were for PSX and the PC version was extremly rare.
I went over many sites, from ROM download sites over torrent sites to download sites where you pay for links so you can download from direct download hosts. One of those rom sites was remarkably good which I want to share with you.

http://romhustler.net/roms/psx/m

They host stuff in 40 MB rar package (which is dial-up friendly) and allow 4 downloads at the same time, but their download speeds are pretty good, even up to 100 kB/s. The question here is rather "Is your connection able to manage a download of 400 kB/s?". They have many emulators and many ROMs, event some old and rare stuff like Genesis, Neo Geo and Atari. Unlike other ROM download sites they don't annoy you with their complicated vote-to-download systems which makes the site my new favorite for ROMs. :)

Enjoy! =D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Punn

Or that shitty coolroms, like over half of the rom (or maybe the good ones) are removed by ESRA or something like that.

Starrodkirby86

I don't think you should post ROM sites over here...It's kind of illegal...now there's always the thing saying that if you own the original cartridge you're okay or you can only have the ROM within 24 hours, but nevertheless...
For ROMs of little space, I usually select http://dgemu.com for my ROM business. Sure, it requires registration, but that doesn't matter. The points system really works well. For more gigantic ROMs I search around Google or this area called ROM-Freaks. Don't remember the URL, so Google.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Valcos

I still havent found a working DS emulator :( Think any of you can help me out? :D
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Punn

Theres one of em thats still working out the kinks..

Blizzard

It's only illegal if you don't own the game, if you haven't payed for it, that's correct. I don't owe MMX4, but deleted the ROM I downloaded since I played it later that day and beat it in 5 hours. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Valcos

Lol, is it illegal to have the emulators? ??? or just the roms?
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

It's illegal to have roms if you don't own the real game.

Valcos

Oh... then whats the point of having the rom then  :-\?
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

Play it on PC and with easy cheats and save states?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Valcos on July 13, 2008, 01:08:52 pm
Oh... then whats the point of having the rom then  :-\?
ROM hacking, Speed Running, Tool Assist Speed Run, the like.

You can also study the ways of programming and hacking through Roms. Quite interesting specimen.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Diokatsu

http://www.emuparadise.org/

great site and NO$GBA is wat i use to run all my DS roms

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Diokatsu on July 13, 2008, 06:21:58 pm
http://www.emuparadise.org/

great site and NO$GBA is wat i use to run all my DS roms
Valcos uses No$GBA. The compatibility is great, and I consider that the best of all the DS emulators. However, he is unappreciative of the lag it induces. It's the best we'll have until a better emulator thwarts it or No$ updates to Version 2.7 or higher.

Diokatsu

its a longshot for anyone to take NO$ down :)

Valcos

Lies!!! Its horribly laggy.... besides the fact that i never tried any other kind. I cant play it like that. :-\
-Oscar De La Hoya

Diokatsu

lol get a better comp -.-

Valcos

Actually i need a new comp... i effed it up appearantly :o! It was so fast before to. Or maybe its just the games i was playing? :-\
-Oscar De La Hoya

GAX

Um...blizzy, I have MMX4 on this computer actually, the PC version...o.o

Well, it's on a CD-R backup I had from when I killed my old computer like...8 shells ago.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Valcos

Hey it doesnt lag anymore i uninstalled my anti-virus with a less laggy one! And the emulator plays perfectly :D!
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

I know that there are PC versions of MMX4, 5 and 6, but they are rare and I wasn't able to find them anyway online. And besides, that would be illegal after all. The way I made it I at least kept up the agreement and deleted the .iso within 24 hours. xD