Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box

Started by Memor-X, September 03, 2012, 10:14:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

yeh, kinda old but Square Enix announced Pre-order's of it from their Japanese site store, about 500 Pounds in the UK after conversion from Yen so for Australia that would be roughly $800 (for the US, a bit more), however, does anyone know if we can get this outside japan?, don't want to be paying close to 1k for 9 games which don't work outside Japanese consoles (there's also a bunch of books and that but that's hardly worth the extra money)

Lobstrosity

Actually, it comes with 13 games (I through to XIII) and the site that I read about this on (which was btw, an official Square Enix site) said that it costed approximately $450 US. Not sure if it's getting a release outside of Japan though.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Blizzard

Honestly, $450 sounds a bit much for 13 games of which at least 10 are pretty outdated (I assume they added XIII-2 instead of XI since XI is an MMO). Technically if you bought each game separately, it would be cheaper.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Lobstrosity

But... The secret-super-special-artworks and musica!
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Memor-X

Quote from: Lobstrosity on September 04, 2012, 03:15:57 am
Actually, it comes with 13 games (I through to XIII) and the site that I read about this on (which was btw, an official Square Enix site) said that it costed approximately $450 US.

13? there's only 12 Main Line Final Fantasy's which aren't online, i very much doubt XIII would be in there since it's not that old, ofcause the squeal to Final Fantasy IV may be in there but i thought that was for nintendo, i thought it was just the Playstation ones since they would be the rarest, also, that's about the price it was in Pounds, maybe i should convert to $AUS from pound like that cause it's a markup of 50%......then again, we have the Fuck Australia Tax that makes any game or download more expensive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 04, 2012, 03:23:41 am
Honestly, $450 sounds a bit much for 13 games of which at least 10 are pretty outdated (I assume they added XIII-2 instead of XI since XI is an MMO). Technically if you bought each game separately, it would be cheaper.

the only way i know of in getting VI, VII, VIII and IX is to download them from PSN but that to me cheapens them, it's like getting music from iTunes, as for I, II, III, IV and V, point me to a place where i can them for the Playstation and be assured that they are originals and not some crap copies that'll only work in a emulator

anyway, if we assume all the Playstation Final Fantasy Games was say $30 each (cause i doubt they'll be as cheep as PSP games) then ats 9 x 30 = 270, then X, X-2 and XII would be $50 each bring it up to 420, $30 or so for the extras

Quote from: Lobstrosity on September 04, 2012, 03:15:57 am
Not sure if it's getting a release outside of Japan though.

well i hope it does, it's kinda useless to buy it from japan since none of the game will work unless you have their consoles and this is being reported outside Japanese fan sites, i rather have not now about this if it doesn't, i sooooo want it (in which i can pay very easily, $900 a week - $580 a month for rent and expenses)

ForeverZer0

If you are paying $30 for each game, you are getting ripped off. Square doesn't charge that for the old their re-releases of the old FF games for PS1. If you would actually pay $30 each for the old 1-5, then you simply hate money and love throwing it away.

The collection is expensive not because of its worth, but simply because it is a novelty. Crazy die-hard fans of the genre will pony up the money just because it is a "collector's item". And it may very well include FF 13, being "new" has nothing to do with anything when it is dubbed "Ultimate Box". For that much money, I better be getting some new shit that is actually worth more than a few bucks.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

QuoteThe first nine Final Fantasy titles will be offered on PS1 discs (with Final Fantasy VII through IX spanning four discs each) except for Final Fantasy III, which is included as a PSP game. Final Fantasy X, XI (Vana'diel Collection 2 to be specific) and XII are on PS2, and finally, we've got Final Fantasy XIII on PS3.

http://www.slashgear.com/final-fantasy-ultimate-box-collection-heading-to-japan-04245926/

It does include 13 and even 11 being one of the online versions.

Memor-X

Quote from: gameus on September 04, 2012, 08:20:43 pm
QuoteThe first nine Final Fantasy titles will be offered on PS1 discs (with Final Fantasy VII through IX spanning four discs each) except for Final Fantasy III, which is included as a PSP game. Final Fantasy X, XI (Vana'diel Collection 2 to be specific) and XII are on PS2, and finally, we've got Final Fantasy XIII on PS3.

http://www.slashgear.com/final-fantasy-ultimate-box-collection-heading-to-japan-04245926/

It does include 13 and even 11 being one of the online versions.

ok, so that means X-2 gets no love? i thought they would exclude XI for X-2

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on September 04, 2012, 07:13:59 pm
If you are paying $30 for each game, you are getting ripped off.

that would include postage with a tracking number mind you.....ofcause in term of digital download you probably would be right however there is an investigation in Australia now by the Government to see why we Aussies are forced to pay more for digital downloads even with exchange rates (for instance, with the exchange rate between $AUS and $US, stuff from iTunes should be cheaper in Australia right?, nope, check out the same download in both the US and Australian stores and see the markup we get), though i'm not entirely sure with Playstation Network but i know that Australia still pays more on Steam for games than the US which makes no sense when there's no postage and handling costs

i think on Playstation Networks, VI, VII, VIII and IX are about $15 - $20 (it's defiantly more expensive that Journey), that's Australian so if Playstation is as bad as Valve, Microsoft and Apple then it's probably cheaper in the US despite the current exchange rates

The collection is expensive not because of its worth, but simply because it is a novelty. Crazy die-hard fans of the genre will pony up the money just because it is a "collector's item".

Quote from: 4Y Records
Clerk: Why would you want to buy a Greatest Hits Album from a band who hasn't release any new songs in over 2 decades
Customer: Because, i'm kind of a sucker
Clerk: well in that case the transaction may continue

i'm the customer in that, and i can afford to be a sucker, hell, i forked over $100 on Amazon for a limited edition of Galaxy Angel Vol. 1 just because i could get 5 mini figurines of the Moon Angel-tai (i really just wanted Vanilla to set up next to my photo of her actually) when i could have brought it from the same site $50 cheaper (the seller i brought it from had the highest feedback and was noted that orders were for-filled by Amazon, the others didn't)

I better be getting some new shit that is actually worth more than a few bucks.

would you count the art books and collectibles as such?

Blizzard

Quote from: Memor-X on September 04, 2012, 09:01:05 pm
that would include postage with a tracking number mind you.....ofcause in term of digital download you probably would be right however there is an investigation in Australia now by the Government to see why we Aussies are forced to pay more for digital downloads even with exchange rates (for instance, with the exchange rate between $AUS and $US, stuff from iTunes should be cheaper in Australia right?, nope, check out the same download in both the US and Australian stores and see the markup we get), though i'm not entirely sure with Playstation Network but i know that Australia still pays more on Steam for games than the US which makes no sense when there's no postage and handling costs

i think on Playstation Networks, VI, VII, VIII and IX are about $15 - $20 (it's defiantly more expensive that Journey), that's Australian so if Playstation is as bad as Valve, Microsoft and Apple then it's probably cheaper in the US despite the current exchange rates

There's something similar here in Europe. Most stuff sold in the US for USD are sold for the same amount in Euro here in Europe. But that's not because of clunky exchange rates, but because of VAT and other taxes.

Clerk: Why would you want to buy a Greatest Hits Album from a band who hasn't release any new songs in over 2 decades

LOL! Or this:

Clerk: Why would you want to buy a Greatest Hits Album from a band who hasn't release any new songs in over 2 decades which you actually already own by buying their actual albums?

i'm the customer in that, and i can afford to be a sucker, hell, i forked over $100 on Amazon for a limited edition of Galaxy Angel Vol. 1 just because i could get 5 mini figurines of the Moon Angel-tai (i really just wanted Vanilla to set up next to my photo of her actually) when i could have brought it from the same site $50 cheaper (the seller i brought it from had the highest feedback and was noted that orders were for-filled by Amazon, the others didn't)

It's ok to be a fan/collector and to buy some extra merchandise and all, but $450 is really way too much. $200-$250 would be a fair price here.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Memor-X

Quote from: Blizzard on September 05, 2012, 02:31:29 am

There's something similar here in Europe. Most stuff sold in the US for USD are sold for the same amount in Euro here in Europe. But that's not because of clunky exchange rates, but because of VAT and other taxes.

In Australia the only tax that affect game imports to retailers is the GST buying stuff from like ebay is exempt, it's the reason why there are people saying that the government should stick a tax on importing because we're buying the same clothes from the US that we could get in store here but cheaper (GST)

however that can't be applied to digital downloads and there is no tax on and that's why i'm sure VI, VII, VIII and IX are around $20 even thought someone may prove me wrong and say it's actually like $5

Quote from: Blizzard on September 05, 2012, 02:31:29 am
It's ok to be a fan/collector and to buy some extra merchandise and all, but $450 is really way too much. $200-$250 would be a fair price here.

i paid $160 to pre-order the Crystal Edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2, i don't feel an extra $40 - $90 for more collectibles and games you can't buy physically without major risk of it being pirated or bagnned up to the point of being unusable would do it justice