Action battle system and HUD request. [XP]

Started by Rymdpotatis, July 11, 2008, 03:31:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rymdpotatis

July 11, 2008, 03:31:15 pm Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 03:31:59 pm by Rymdpotatis
I'm looking for an easy to understand abs similar to that of Blizz-atb. The reason I don't want Blizz-atb is that I won't be able to sell the final product. However I use it in my freeware projects.

More detailed the abs I want should have these features: enemies roaming the maps aimlessly untill they spot the player that they will try to take out. Enemies being able to drop gold and random loot. The loot's represented on the ground by icons. The enemies has a lifebar above their heads, alternativly their names above that bar aswell. In short sentences, something like the battlesystem of Secret of Mana or Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Also, a HUD would be nice, showing the players health, mana, money, level and exp meter. And 5 boxes next to the meters stacked something like this:
    [ ] <-Helmet
[ ] [ ] [ ] <-Right: Weapon. - Middle: Armor. - Left: Shield.
    [ ] <-Accesory.
That shows off what the player is wearing.

Juan

QuoteCreative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ )

You are free:

to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix - to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

I suggest you ask Blizzard for permission to use his abs in a commercial project.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Rymdpotatis

Quote from: Juan on July 11, 2008, 04:39:53 pm

You are free:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Share alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

I suggest you ask Blizzard for permission to use his abs in a commercial project.

Yeah, if I can't find another script that will suit my needs I'll have to drop him a line about it. Any idea where I can reach him?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Rymdpotatis on July 11, 2008, 04:47:09 pm
Quote from: Juan on July 11, 2008, 04:39:53 pm

You are free:

Yeah, if I can't find another script that will suit my needs I'll have to drop him a line about it. Any idea where I can reach him?
Any idea you can reach Blizzard!? This is his forum, of course he can obviously reply here. But you may want to drop a PM, give him an IM on one of the messengers (Do not be a stalker). Get on his good side, and everything will be exceptional.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).