(RMXP)Fusion and map zoom

Started by Zolnova, September 07, 2012, 07:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zolnova

Hello.
I'm looking for a script that would let me freely fuse two or more actors into one actor, and split apart using skills, in and out of battle.

And also, is there a way of changing the default zoom you have on the map?

Thanks in advance  :^_^':

KK20

The first can be done with eventing via the use of switches.

The second, to my knowledge, is not possible.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Memor-X

Quote from: KK20 on September 11, 2012, 02:25:54 pm
The second, to my knowledge, is not possible.

there's a script that works fine that does that, in a clean project it works perfectly, you can zoom in on a point and the screen will move when the player mooves so you can change the zoom of the game without too much trouble......i think, never tested it with map changing (if it resets or bugs up, just zoom out to normal level and zoom back in on the new map, use a common event to create a small animation for it), found it on Creation Asylum, i'm at work now so i can't post it up but a search in the RMXP Script forum for "map zoom" should return a result......downside is that it uses the SDK (to me it's a downside) and it seems to have problems with Blizz-ABS (might be the SDK though) which is why i'm waiting for ARCed since it's map zoom function would be compatible with Blizz-ABS

Zolnova

I'm currently using common events for fusion, however the last character doesn't appear till it's my turn.

As for that zoom script, it's brilliant, however the SDK doesn't like Asan'tear battle system  :facepalm:

Line 8030 NoMethodError occurred
undefined method 'command' for #<Window_HCommand_WI_Battle0x8e3d68>

Memor-X

Quote from: Zolnova on September 13, 2012, 06:32:46 pm
I'm currently using common events for fusion, however the last character doesn't appear till it's my turn.

by last you mean the character at the end of the party?, maybe you need to force an update if they are only coming up in your next turn.......not sure how you do that, there's normally an update function in the script, if you can't fix that then make the bug a feature by saying "when characters fuse, it can take some time for other characters to join into the battle"

Quote from: Zolnova on September 13, 2012, 06:32:46 pm
As for that zoom script, it's brilliant, however the SDK doesn't like Asan'tear battle system  :facepalm:

Line 8030 NoMethodError occurred
undefined method 'command' for #<Window_HCommand_WI_Battle0x8e3d68>

Quote from: Memor-X on September 11, 2012, 06:34:03 pm
downside is that it uses the SDK

didn't i warn you, like i said, ARCed's zoom should be compatible with scripts but until we see a beta i can't confirm that (proably will test the f**k out of ARCed when it comes out because i want it to be perfect), if you have the time to wait for ARCed, then build on the other systems and try and make your game as SDK free as possible, otherwise you may have to drop the zooming all together

other option is to contact the author of the battle system and get them to make it compatible with the SDK

Zolnova

The way I've done fusion is make a skill, link it to common event:
remove (super char)
add to party (char1)
add to party (char2)

I did try a frame delay to see if that fared any results.
20 frames seems to work ok.

As for that zoom script it is a shame it doesn't work at the moment, I'll wait for a while.

KK20

So I tried to make a fusion type of function in a new game. Upon defusing, I had both actors back, but the second actor's battle graphic did not appear. Is this the same situation you are having or are you not even getting your second actor back at all (it's not showing up as being in the party)?

If so, try this out. Stick it somewhere below Sprite_Battler.
class Sprite_Battler < RPG::Sprite
  alias fix_battler_name_update update
  def update
    if @battler == nil
      @battler_name = nil
    end
    fix_battler_name_update
  end
end
Since you stated you are not using the default battle system, I can't assure you that this is the solution. But at least I know that if this doesn't work, the edit will have to be applied to the Custom Battle System.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!