RMX-OS Problem

Started by TjtheFox, September 16, 2012, 05:33:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TjtheFox

I finally set up MySQL 5.5
and Its all running, my game says its online, I register
then when I log in it says Disconnected.
anyone know how to help me?
have I missed a step?

Blizzard

Either your network has not been configured properly (look it up in the manual's installation guide) or something else is wrong. What does the log file say?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TjtheFox

Nothing it all works fine except when I try to register a file playing the game, it comes up you have been disconnected.
RMX-OS GUI says its all working fine

I followed your Tutorial about setting up MySQL 5
but what do I do when that is finished? is there anything more i have to do besides add the information into RMX-OS GUI?

Blizzard

I think that the newest version of the GUI doesn't work properly with the newest version of RMX-OS. You should ask Ryex to update the GUI.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TjtheFox

September 17, 2012, 12:25:39 am #4 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:31:28 am by gameus
ill try installing the old one like the same one from your tutorial and let you know how that goes

EDIT:
how do I open TCP port 3306 in my firewall?

Please no double posting within 24 hours. ~ gameus

Blizzard

Port 3306 is used for MySQL connections to the server, not for gaming. It is recommended you use port 40000 or above since those are rarely used so there's a low possibility that they are used by something else.

TjtheFox

September 17, 2012, 02:48:08 am #6 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:26:15 am by Blizzard
Spoiler: ShowHide

thats my router what do I type in and where?

Blizzard

You don't actually have to do any port translation. You only have to turn on port forwarding.
I suggest that you type into "Port Range" the same port you specified as PORT in cfg.ini, "Translate To..." should be your internal IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.1, basically what you specified as HOST) and the trigger port is the same as "Port Range". Try that.

Also, please use spoilers for images.

TjtheFox

September 17, 2012, 04:21:47 am #8 Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:55:33 am by Blizzard
sorry I just realized that in installing the MySQL server instance Config wizard
thats the thing stopping me saying that error NR. 1045

EDIT: So ive gone back to the start and tried installing MySQL 5.1.41
and I get to the final step and it says error Firewall is blocking 3306 and i tried changing it to all the other 330's but nothing will work.
ive tried turning my avg and windows firewall off and those still wont allow it to finish installing.

im just so lost right now

Blizzard

Please don't double post within 24 hours. Use the "Modify" function in the top right corner of your post instead.

Post the contents of your cfg.ini first. You only need to have port 3306 allowed through your firewall if your MySQL server is not the same machine as your RMX-OS server.

TjtheFox

September 18, 2012, 08:23:36 am #10 Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:36:53 am by TjtheFox
Sorry about that im new to this.
Ive set it up exactly as was shown again, im now using the old 5.1.41 MySQL
and when I set my game up it still says Mysql.users doesnt exist.
ive set up my game so it runs
Server Address: 127.0.0.1
Username: Root
Password:Root
Database Mysql (dont think thats right)

this is my script in the game
SERVERS.push(['Localhost', '127.0.0.1', 54269])

CFG
NAME = 'RMX-OS Server' (do I have to change this to the name of my game?)
HOST = '127.0.0.1'
PORT = 54269
RMXOS_VERSION = 1.18

LOG_MESSAGES = false
LOG_ERRORS = true
LOG_ACTIONS = true

DEBUG_MODE = false

MAXIMUM_CONNECTIONS = 50
LOGIN_TIMEOUT = 30
AUTO_RESTART = true
RESTART_TIME = 5
USE_IP_BANNING = true
PREVENT_ZOMBIE_CLIENTS = false
RUBY_PROMPT = false
OPTIMIZE_DATABASE_ON_STARTUP = true
DATABASE_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 60

SQL_HOSTNAME = '127.0.0.1'
SQL_USERNAME = 'root'
SQL_PASSWORD = 'root'
SQL_DATABASE = 'MySQL'

INBOX_SIZE = 10

EXTENSIONS = [
]

G_G

Did you use the proper SQL script that came with the download?

TjtheFox

September 18, 2012, 08:37:49 am #12 Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:44:06 am by TjtheFox
yes, Ill try starting from the start re-scripting it and see if that'll work

So I dont have a table Mysql.users
How do I make one? and is there a link to a tutorial simple enough to follow?

G_G

You didn't use the proper SQL script then. There's a folder called "Database" in the RMX-OS server. In this folder, there are numerous .SQL scripts. You have to execute this file "RMX-OS SQL Database.sql" in MySQL. It creates all the tables for you. You didn't completely follow instructions when setting up the script.

TjtheFox

September 18, 2012, 08:56:43 am #14 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:50:23 am by TjtheFox
So I open that file and then I do what?

thats as far as the tutorial goes, it says open it and thats it

Blizzard

Quote from: Manual1.4.7. Creating the database

After you have installed MySQL and the management software for MySQL, you need to create a database for RMX-OS. This can be done by running an SQL query. SQL queries are run in the management software which means that you need to run the management software first in order to create the database. All queries you need to run are provided in a separate file in the server scripts (RMX-OS SQL Database.sql). You can open the file with a text editor (Notepad, Wordpad) or (depending on the management software) directly. If you are upgrading from an older version of RMX-OS, there are additional labeled query files that allow you to upgrade your database from one version to another. Make sure to apply ALL queries provided to upgrade from an older version.

TjtheFox

September 19, 2012, 05:29:24 am #16 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:32:13 am by TjtheFox
Yeah I've read that but it doesnt make sense to me.
so i open Navicat to make a new database. and then what?
is there a video tutorial to show how to do that step?

Blizzard

Quote from: Manual1.4.7. Creating the database

After you have installed MySQL and the management software for MySQL, you need to create a database for RMX-OS. This can be done by running an SQL query. SQL queries are run in the management software which means that you need to run the management software first in order to create the database. All queries you need to run are provided in a separate file in the server scripts (RMX-OS SQL Database.sql). You can open the file with a text editor (Notepad, Wordpad) or (depending on the management software) directly. If you are upgrading from an older version of RMX-OS, there are additional labeled query files that allow you to upgrade your database from one version to another. Make sure to apply ALL queries provided to upgrade from an older version.

Quote from: ManualThis can be done by running an SQL query.

Quote from: Manualrunning an SQL query.

Quote from: ManualAll queries you need to run are provided in a separate file in the server scripts (RMX-OS SQL Database.sql).

It's literally in the first screen when you open Navicat.

Blizzard

You named your database "mysql", not "rmxosdb". You have to change that in the SQL query and in cfg.ini. Or simply rename your database to "rmxosdb" (or delete it and create a new one named "rmxosdb").