Can of Worms Chaos Project Style - Monday 08/10/2012

Started by Memor-X, October 09, 2012, 01:58:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

Monday 08/10/2012
Worm 1
Spoiler: ShowHide

Do you think that bachelor parties are out of date and sexist?

Worm 2

Do you think we share to much on the internet?

all the discussion was around Facebook and Twitter (and Myspace was resurrected for a few seconds)

i'm actually glad that the questions this week wasn't like last weeks.....though the first worm when it went to hens parties the host did bring out some 'props'

------------------------------------

My Answers

Worm 1:

i'm only basing this off from what i've seen on TV cause i have never been to one or had one myself

i think they are outdated as from what i see the whole idea of a bachelor party is to give the groom "one last night of freedom before he is tied down", now ages ago during the sexual revolution marriage may have seen to be as an end to ones sexual freedom, however with that said, i still don't get even why they exist, why would any groom think that they will loose any kind of freedom after they get married, if your getting married, your doing so because you love other person that you want to be committed to them under legal law and under the eye of some phantom if it was in a church, to have a party where the groom is supposed to get pissed and watch stripper seems like a contradiction to that, there was also a show that aired on Southern Cross Ten where a husband-to-be goes off for his bachelor party however is secretly filed, in alot of the episodes, the wife-to-be was appalled in what she saw, i think there was even one episode where the guy was getting lap dances and enjoying it and when seeing that, the wife-to-be canceled the wedding cause it was a betrayal and broke up with him

now most of the time i see that they've been organized by the groom's friends who mostly always are single themselves, but that's no excuse, if a groom agrees to have a bachelor party and partakes in it then says he had no say in the matter, that his friend's organized the entire thing, it shows that not only is the groom unfaithful but also have a bloody weak constitution

as for hen's parties, i have no idea how they work, if it they are anything like the one i was in during one of my dreams (it was Saya's hens party before she married Train) then it's far more organized and civil.......though it could have been because it was hosted at my estate (didn't feel weird being the only guy there since i already knew everyone, Kallen was also the only girl at the Bachelor Party, she was pissed by the end so i let her crash at the estate....she had the worse hang over in the morning which gave Ilya something to do rather than fight Nunnally for my attention)

Worm 2:

Yes, i myself don't post every little thing on facebook, i try and post once a day so that the people on my friend's list know that nothing has happened to me, and ofcause, the only people on my friends list are people who i know personally

i see the problem in 2 views, the first is in an it security point of view, my friend who is a hacker has been able to hack facebook and access data on it on multiple occasions recently, now she's a genius when it comes to hacking but if she can do it then someone is bound to be able to do it later on, people put up photos of themselves, data such as their address, phone number, places where they have worked or are working at, if my friend wanted to, she could download all this information and use it. this coincides with my belief that nothing you put onto the internet is security and IT security is not about prevention but to waste the attackers time while they are tracked (would you waste 5 hours risking to be traced just to get an unimportant person's name?)

the second view is that alot of people who post personal data or meaningless posts are the people who are so self absorbed they think that anyone cares what they have to say, this of cause has been the problem with the internet at day 1 as every think they are a critic, reviewer or philosopher on forums and that what they say matters because they're the center of the universe (99% of the time, the other 1% is when someone is trying to talk someone out from doing something rash while in a state of depression), the fact is that social media has made this skyrocket with people friending random people (good example of this is in one of the episodes of NCIS:LA, can't remember which one, a more real life example, i have 5 ignored friend requests from people i don't know, 3 are from another country i have never visited as i have never left Australia) trying to build up their audience to read their mindless dribble, there is a difference between making new friends using social media and adding friends to have more attention

Blizzard

Worm 1: ShowHide
No. I do believe, however, that they are usually often uncivilized. It's more about "getting seen" that there's a stripper giving you a lap dance than enjoying the thing in itself. How do they say? Getting to tell your buddies you got laid is probably half the reason men have sex. And I think it's true for most men. :/

I disagree with you on the hen's party though. If there is one, they are usually even worse. I don't know if they actually break the trust by having sex as much as men do, but they are definitely even less civilized than bachelor's parties.

Worm 2: ShowHide
Definitely. 10 years ago you'd go over crazy procedures just to stay anonymous and today people put up every piece of shit that comes to their minds on the Internet. I do like the fact that we now have some sort of online identity that is share among sites (e.g. people here know how I look like, some of them have my Facebook, etc.), but the current situation is way out of control. I'm not so much concerned about hackers and identity theft as I am worried on the impact this can have in professional life. Most of us do some crazy shit in private which doesn't mean we're irresponsible people. If this kind of stuff gets out, this can cause problems. It's not a secret that employers often check their future potential employee's Facebook pages and online identity before giving them the job and this kind of publicly posting private stuff can have serious repercussions. The main problem here is not that people post this stuff themselves, I believe it's a far greater problem that people you do this stuff with post it. e.g. We have a crazy party and a friend posts a few pictures that shouldn't get out and tags me. Not good.

I do post some stuff on Facebook, but it serves more like Twitter on Steroids to me than anything else (BTW, I have Twitter and don't use it). I also like the ease with which I can communicate with other people and send messages (I don't have the chat turned on though), because it's so much easier to organize going out, parties, etc.

Until a couple of months ago I didn't want to befriend people that I didn't know IRL. Since I have started using Facebook for my music promotion to some degree, I decided that I will also add people from this forum and fans of my music as an exception. I still don't add random people who send me a request.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.