Can of Worms Chaos Project Style - Monday 22/10/2012

Started by Memor-X, October 22, 2012, 11:52:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

Monday 22/10/2012
Worm 1
Spoiler: ShowHide

Is a bit of sexual banter at work ok?

this is talking about comments like "that's what she said" or topics relating to sex like "have you ever done it doggie style" or talking about sexual encounters since apparently some people are offended when others talk about that (i personally turn off)

Worm 2

Is it wrong to impose your religious beliefs onto your children?

Quite sure they had this last year, all well

----------------------------------------

My Answers

Worm 1

Yeh sure provided it's not sexist or obviously trying to cause offense to someone, i personally try and turn myself off when the conversation gets there

Worm 2

Ofcause it's wrong, as i said, i find the notion of a god insulting for a few reasons but ti impose it on your impressible children, it's once thing to baptize them (or the like) when they're born but to impose all your beliefs on them is a totally different thing since they should have the right to choose just like the parents have the right to follow their beliefs, if a child thinks that adopting their parent's religion is fine then that's ok, if they are happier with another religion that is either different or opposes the parents that's fine to, if they think that worship and praying take too much time out of their lives then so be it, let them be an atheist, it's not going to hurt anyone....unless they becomes a religious extremist because of it then we have a problem

Blizzard

Worm 1 answer: ShowHide
I believe that there is a boundary how far one should go. A bit of a sexual banter is ok, but IMO questions like "Have you ever done it doggy-style" are a bit too personal. Of course, only if the other side agrees with that. If I said something or asked somebody a more personal question, I would label it as such and say something like "I have a personal question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Such things should be handled with taste and it's really not difficult to show some manners in this case and some respect for other people's privacy.

Worm 2 answer: ShowHide
I believe that it's alright to teach kids your own moral values until they are old enough to decide for themselves (if I remember right, that was the age of 14) and that includes religion. What the children want to believe in after that, that's their choice.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.