[C++] CycleByte: Ryex's Encryption Idea

Started by Ryex, October 23, 2012, 05:01:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

CycleByte

This is an encryption I've come up with, basically it randomly scrabbles the bytes of data in a file or whatever in such a way to defeat packet sniffing.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet but it compiles and I cant think of a reason it should fail form reading the code. I'll continue work at a latter date.

Source

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20709011/Projects/CycleByte.zip

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Apidcloud

The hell  :huh:

How can I actually test it? Should I use the dll?
Instead of wanting to be somebody else, rather become somebody else

"I will treasure the knowledge like a squirrel treasures acorns."

Gibbo Glast 2D Engine - The sky is no longer a limit

G_G

To use this you have to import the header files and the lib file into your C++ project. Then make sure the actual DLL is included with your application.

Apidcloud

Ryex

November 16, 2012, 04:22:08 am #4 Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:45:06 am by Ryex
holly crap really?
if you do I will... do something

I need to expand the capabilities of this lib to use IO streams...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

November 16, 2012, 05:51:10 am #5 Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:52:20 am by Blizzard
How about hltypes instead? :naughty: I promise, hltypes::AnyStreamRelatedClass >> IO streams (also note the coding reference, not just the sign for "much bigger/better").
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Apidcloud

Quote from: gameus on November 15, 2012, 08:20:28 pm
To use this you have to import the header files and the lib file into your C++ project. Then make sure the actual DLL is included with your application.

I still didn't have time to test that, but what do you mean with import? Did you want to say include instead?

Arigatou~

G_G

Every C++ project has directories that search for Header files (*.h) and Library files (*.lib). You either need to A) add a directory to your project that contains the headers & lib file or B) copy the lib file and header files into the directories the project has set.

From there, you can then include the header file into your actual code.

Apidcloud

Ryex

November 19, 2012, 11:37:53 pm #9 Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:02:03 pm by Ryex
I did some work on this over the last two days,

turns out it was thoroughly broken when I left off, I fixed all the programming errors and actually wrote a decryption function I also made a testing project to try it out.

it doesn't work and I can't figure out why.
on decryption there is ONE byte value that isn't remapped correctly in the first block of data and all subsequent blocks are complacently wrong.
I REALLY have NO clue why this is happening as it SHOULD work perfectly unless there is something wrong with my SHA1 or Mersenne Twister implementations ( those I didn't make myself I got them as public code)

if some one who knows a bit more could have a look and see if they can figure it out that would be great.

The download has been updated

I figure out the major problem but I'l still hitting a snag, the char value FF is never decryption back correctly and I can't figure out why... wait... I think I just figure it out

Ryex

HELLS YES!

It works now. I was an idiot trying to store all the values 0-255 in a array with a length of 255 when I really needed 256 :P

Apidcloud

Ryex, would you please upload a demo with it?   :roll:
I have to study right now  :<_<:

Ryex

there is a demo with it, in the folder CycleByteTest. it does use wxWidgets though...

Apidcloud

I'll download it when I have wireless or cable internet connection. I'm using a surf stick with super mega ultra limited bandwidth  :^_^':