what happenes when new artists get a hold of old songs.

Started by Ryex, October 26, 2012, 02:21:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

The art of the dubstep remix, like the techno remix before it, and the metal and rock remixes before it, is the musical expression of juvenile imitation.  It is the equivalent of watching a gymnast perform a cartwheel, deciding that you want to do a cartwheel too, promptly flailing your legs in the air in a motion more fitting of a drunk chimpanzee, and then thinking to yourself "man that was soooooooo cool."

/rant

Blizzard

HOLY SHIT, I don't think it's physically possible for a Dubstep song to be more generic than this one. Songs like this give Dubstep a bad name. In production quality it rivals almost any other professional song (and then people think that this is what Dubstep always sounds like), but as a song it sounds like utter crap.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

ok, I legitimately can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not. because I've heard some truly awe full Dubstep and this does not compare. now I've heard some truly epic dub step and this doesn't compare to it either. but this is a good song from what I can tell. not the best but certifiably not horrible...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

They're not being sarcastic. They're referring to when the bass starts kicking in. The "wub wub wub" part. It doesn't have to wubs in it to be dubstep. And I agree with them. Everyone thinks that dubstep contains wubs and bass drops. Agreed, if done properly it can make the song sound pretty amazing (IMO). You should look up some Skorge songs. He does a pretty good job at making a nice, unique sound. As for this song, I've definitely heard better, but I've heard worse. I'd probably rate this song a 4/10.

Blizzard

Yeah, 4/10 sounds realistic. After all, the production sounds like a professional one.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Lord Blizzaja on October 26, 2012, 08:29:51 am
Yeah, 4/10 sounds realistic. After all, the production sounds like a professional one.

Not too much. Production is decent but far from professional sounding. I'd give it a 3/10 total, 5/10 production.

Blizzard