Can of Worms Chaos Project Style - Monday 29/10/2012

Started by Memor-X, October 30, 2012, 04:41:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

Monday 22/10/2012 (i missed out on most of the show cause i kept getting interrupted before it while trying to watch the last volume in Trinity Blood, a less than 1 1/2 hour marathon got dragged into 3 hours and i wanted to start watching Fate/Stay Night last night so i only flicked back every so often to get the main worms)

Worm 1
Spoiler: ShowHide

Should gambling ads in sport be banned?

Worm 2

Are blokes getting soft?

apparently this encompasses the lack of people doing trade work (brick laying, construction, car maintenance), doing washing/dishes, getting manicures or "man-scaping"....what ever that means (apparently it's like how women do their hair but for men)

------------------------------------------------------

My Answers

Worm 1

Not to sure with this one, i'm going to say no cause if they're anything like the online poker adds that keep popping up in IE (i only use it when i want to download stuff and not let anyone know) then they're just annoying, really, really annoying. ofcause i don't watch sports so i have no idea

Worm 2

No i don't, i can understand why there would be a lack of tradies, in Australia, you'll be expected to work in the blazing heat in summer or the dam rain in winter if the project is behind schedule, i did a Construction Induction Course and there are so many materials that you would work with on an every day basis that could potentially destroy your body (like giving you cancer, ruining internal organs), not worth the money if you ask me

in terms of doing housework, i think it should be natural for guys to do it, since when did it became a woman's thing to do housework, if i had a girlfriend or wife and was living with her, if time would allow it i would do all washing up for her, if not, i would try my best to give her a hand

Blizzard

Worm 1: ShowHide
That kind of marketing is basically called guerrilla marketing. It's basically the stage between TV commercials and personalized ads so it tends to have the negative sides of both, especially if you're being spammed with shit you don't care about. People will do anything to sell their shit or earn money and often it's easier to put out a crappy ad for 10,000,000 people to see than a good ad to only 100,000. I am generally against marketing that uses psychological tricks and tries to manipulate the buyer, but in today's world there's no such thing as a "clean" ad. Everybody's just full of shit in order to sell their stuff.

Worm 2: ShowHide
I think yes, but not in a physical sense. My father's been a construction worker for a part of his life and I know how crappy that is. It can have serious health repercussions in only a few years. While men can still use their physical strength and all, I think that men these days are pussies. I started a discussion about this half a year ago: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11727.0 Funny enough, that was right after my first time in the hospital (though, I was having the same opinion even before that). But to stay on topic, some of these jobs are really back-breaking. I've done some harder work myself and I know how it is. Even when you get used to it and you get the muscle mass required for a job, that still doesn't help against potentially overworking of your body (because the job is simply like that) and hence causing health problems (IMO similarly how war experiences can cause PTSD as a permanent mental repercussion).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.