Can of Worms Chaos Project Style - Monday 12/11/2012

Started by Memor-X, November 12, 2012, 04:50:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

Monday 12/11/2012

Worm 1
Spoiler: ShowHide

Do Celebrities have a right to their privacy?

Worm 2

Should there be a Tax on Junk Food?

I'm not sure what it's like overseas but in Australia people have been bitching about fast/junk and the fact we're bring up a generation of obese children, i know the US may have the same problem, after all, you guys had Jamie Oliver turn up

------------------------------------------

My Answers

Worm 1

Yes, i don't take notice of Celebrities however i do think camera-people should respect their privacy, one incident everyone probably knows is when Kate Middleton (married to Prince William) was photographed topless while the 2 of them was on a private estate and the photos was later published by a french magazine. during the court case to get the photos and the publications removed it was argued that from where the photo was taken (on a main road) anyone could have seen it what the photos took, it was later revealed just how bloody far away the balcony Kate was photographed on was to the road the photo was taken, you can barely see the house from there, the only way you could see if is if you had a really, really good camera with professional lens and was out to take photos of them

there's also other cases where Celebrities have had their private lives blown right open by journalists, sure, Celebrities are in the public light but their not any less human than anyone else as such, their basic human rights should be upheld

Worm 2

No, god no, in Australia we've seen an increase in utility prices (could be the Carbon Tax that we had voted NOT TO HAVE!!!!, electricity is majorly caused by "gold plating" the maintenance and upgrade of the power-lines) and the major banks lying out of their asses saying they're struggling (hundreds of millions in profit is not struggling) so they try and keep interest rates as high as they can. these factors push up household bills and because of it, some families have to go without certain things like air-conditioning/heating, night outs ect. these people turn to fast/junk food because it's cheep and keeps one from starving, putting a tax on it will increase the prices and make things harder on them

plus alot of people who are seen as "obese" are actually healthy and their being judged on their appearance, i'm a bit big around the belly myself and yet i'm able to help load/unlock 16 bales of hay that feel like they've got bricks in them, i help move showers and kitchen setups between 2 houses and one of the kitchen setups i helped move had a granite top which makes it bloody heavy, i'm not unhealthy, yet people would see me as that just because of my belly size

i also have the suspicion that that Gilard Government, knowing full well that all the prices cuts they have made to hospitals, education, family payments isn't going to get them the budget surplus by 2013 (the last promise they've made during the last election that hasn't been broken yet) wants this tax so they can get more money cause they know that Gilard will not retake office if they don't get this surplus as people will see Gilard (and labor) as useless (the only thing she really has going for her is that she's got people fooled thinking she's got it rough because she's a woman, she's got it rough cause she's prime-minister and she's doing a horrible job which makes comedians pick on her even more, had she been a man and she would get the same treatment)

Blizzard

Worm 1: ShowHide
Of course they have a right to privacy. But they should be aware by being/becoming famous, decreased privacy is a price they will have to pay. Sure, that case you mentioned is a bit extreme and I'm totally on their side, but if celebrities are photographed in restaurants or on the streets and bitch about that, it's not justified. They are famous, they should learn to deal with it.

Worm 2: ShowHide
IMO any kind of food shouldn't have additional taxes. Especially in the US a lot of junk food is consumed. Taxes are usually put on stuff that takes money to keep up or causes some kind of damage around. The only person that may be "damaged" by junk food is the consumer. This is "tax" enough to pay.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.