AC1 problem

Started by Holyrapid, November 15, 2012, 04:12:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

Does anybody else /has anyone had a similar problem when playing AC1 on pc. The sounds goes on fine, and regular game play is fine, but during cutscenes animation is delayed.
And by delayed i mean that it doesn't seem to start when it's supposed to, and is maybe a bit slow, though not by much.
Like, when people are speaking, the speech comes on just fine, but the speaking animation lasts seconds later...

Blizzard

Do you, by any chance, mean that the game keeps freezing for a few seconds? I noticed the same behavior. Note that the game keeps trying to connect to Ubisoft's server for whatever reason. Especially the cracked version might have problems with this.

Just to make sure, we are talking about Assassin's Creed here, right?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Holyrapid

Yes, we're talking about Assassin's Creed, however, it's legit version (though i had the same problem with a cracked one) and, no it doesn't freeze, the animation keeps playing after the person has stopped speaking, and the next line of dialogue won't start until the animation finishes.
I can make a video to demonstrate if needed.

Blizzard

That's really weird. I haven't had problems with either version. Have you contacted Ubisoft? What are your PC specs?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Holyrapid

I haven't contacted Ubisoft, though i have my doubts that it would even help...
My specs are good. I can run Saints Row 3 at higher than medium quality no problem, so it's not like i lack power...
I can look for more specific data if you want...

Blizzard

The thing is that graphics cards cannot usually be put on a simple scale from 1 to 10. They have a complex architecture and some graphics cards can do some stuff better while others do other stuff better (e.g. one could work better with shaders while the other has a larger memory bus and thus memory transfer rate while yet another one may simply have more memory to display higher res textures). So yeah. IDK how the speaking animations are implemented in AC1, but it's not impossible that your card may have problems at that particular technology (could be mesh morphing, could be generic mesh animations, could be vertex shaders, etc.).

Holyrapid

Well, i have an ATI Radeon HD5450...
Though the game seems to run a bit better in DX9 mode than in DX10...

Blizzard

I ran it on HD 4670. IDK which DX was running, but I wasn't having any problems.
As I said, you can try contacting Ubisoft, but it doesn't seem to be such a big issue (to me personally at least).

Holyrapid

It's not that big of an issue. I can play the game just fine, it's just annoying... :)