[RESOLVED] Name Cheat System?

Started by Intersection, December 16, 2012, 08:09:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Intersection

December 16, 2012, 08:09:24 am Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:53:50 am by gameus
That's kind of a bad title, but anyway, I have an option to name the character in the game, and I want it to be like if you name your character something, it'll activate a cheat/modify the game in some way, sort of like in the game Ao Oni. (at the end of that game the main character says "If I name myself BLOCKHEAD..." and it modifies the game)

I'm sort of new to this, so would this use events or would it have to be scripted?

G_G

You can use the Name Input Processing located on the 3rd page of event commands in conjunction with Conditional Branches. Which is located on the 1st page of event commands. Within the conditional branch menu, you'll want to go to the 2nd page and compare the actor's name.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Intersection

Thank you! and thanks for the picture, I might not have seen where th name part was.

should I just go ahead and lock the topic or are you going to or what?

G_G

December 17, 2012, 07:36:40 am #3 Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:53:41 am by gameus
Nyah, just edit the title and put [RESOLVED] and all will be good. :) In fact, I'll get it for you this time.