Customizing Blizz-ABS? (Ready Stance)

Started by swick, December 05, 2012, 05:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swick

December 05, 2012, 05:38:51 pm Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:48:11 pm by swick
Okay, so basically what I would LIKE to achieve in Blizz-ABS is an effect you see in games like Silent Hill, or Resident Evil, etc.

What would happen is you wouldn't be able to shoot or attack with a weapon UNLESS you're holding a certain button on your keyboard, or mouse button, which would put you in sort of a "battle pose", where you hold up your weapon or gun, ready to attack. Once you're in this battle pose, you can then push ANOTHER button to attack.

Now I'm sure this is very possible to do with Blizz-ABS, I'm not sure where to start. Eventing maybe? Unless someone can give me an addon with a similar effect or something...anybody have any ideas? :)

edit: (by the way i think this is probably in the wrong section, sorry about that. i wasnt paying attention when i made this thread lmfao)

KK20

My guess would be to modify the script so that you may only use attack/skills while the U key (Turn button) is being held down. Thing is I don't know where those if-else statements would go.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!