King of Booze

Started by Blizzard, December 09, 2012, 08:20:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

December 09, 2012, 08:20:10 am Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:53:44 pm by Blizzard

Platform: Windows, Android, iOS
Category: Casual, Drinking, Social, Board
Number of Players: 2 - 14

Available on:
Steam
Android
iOS

TRAILER

For innocent souls and fun seekers it's a drinking game, for competitive people it's a strategic board game.

King of Booze is a drinking board game that offers players choices, something that's never been emphasized in a drinking game.

Who will you choose to drink? Do you want to get on someone's ''bad side''? Will you get naked or wasted? Should you show off your singing, dancing, parkour powers or just keep to yourself and drink

These are only some of the many options we came up with. Since we know we will never be as creative as the people of internet we created an option for you to edit and add your own random fields and we are letting YOU decide the ''price'' in drinks for choosing not to do the challenge.

Your hard work will never be in vain because our HALL OF FAME keeps track of your drinks, challenges, BAC and laps.

But since drinking can be dangerous we also implemented an alcotest. Once you set it up our system keeps track of your BAC making sure you're informed about your state and warned in case you ''overdo it''. Because we don't only want you to have fun, but make sure you're safe.

Please drink responsibly.

Visit our website: http://day-games.com
Like/Hate us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DayGames
Like/Hate the game on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/king.of.the.booze
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

December 09, 2012, 11:10:01 am #1 Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:50:43 pm by Blizzard
I have added a download link for the Windows version.

EDIT: I also added a trailer video.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Blizzard

December 09, 2012, 04:07:33 pm #3 Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:09:38 pm by Blizzard
My friend Teo did the graphics.

BTW, have you checked out the credits yet? I just couldn't help myself. <3 I actually added that last minute.

G_G

Hey Blizzard, when you get the chance, could you add support for moving the app to SD card? My phone doesn't have a whole lot of internal memory and 30MB is a lot.

Blizzard

I know, but that's a problem in itself. I can split the game's binaries from the game's data files, but then I would need to implement additional (nasty) code that downloads the data files. ._.

G_G

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/install-location.html

I thought it was as simple as defining an attribute? Is there more to it than what that web page says?

Blizzard

There are 3 storages: internal, external and SD-card. And they aren't sometimes interpreted the same way. e.g. You can't install stuff on the sdcard, but apparently you can on the external memory. And sometimes, one some devices the SD-card IS the external memory. It's confusing.

Either way, I'll add it. Though it doesn't work on Android 2.1 or earlier.

QuoteBeginning with API Level 8

Blizzard

*legit double post* *gets thrown in prison anyway*

Check out this crazy review! http://www.bitterwallet.com/king-of-booze-challenges-you-to-rule-your-alcoholism

QuoteThe game, which encourages you to get absolutely shitfaced

I laughed so hard when I read that.

Blizzard

I'm bumping this topic a little bit in order to announce v1.2. The newest changes include Spanish localization (with German and Italian already added in previous versions) and even 2 new unlockable characters to pick. How to unlock them? Easy. On Android the "Lord Boro" character can be unlocked if you rate the game on Google Play (technically you only have to open the link the in the game, you don't actually have to rate it) while on PC the character is available right away. The other character, "FB Girl", is unlocked if you like our page on Facebook (which you yet again don't really have to do, you just have to open the link in order for the character to be unlocked).

Blizzard

King of Booze has now over 3000 downloads. We have also released v1.2.1 which fixes a bug with custom Android keyboards as well as Android 4.1+ keyboards. It also includes 3 new localizations (Croatian, Serbian and Bosnian).

Zexion

I have this on my new laptop and my phone still lol. Even though I don't drink XD

Blizzard

King of Booze reaches 20000 downloads on Google Play alone! Thank you, everybody, for your support! Our goal is to make those lips of yours form a smile and keep at it. Thank you for helping us make your life better and more fun! We'll do our best in the future to ensure it stays that way.

Also, you can now enjoy the music-free, but storage capacity-friendly version of King of Booze on your devices. We would also be grateful if you could rate it. We'll love you for it... Forever!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daygames.kingofbooze.android.lite

G_G

May 28, 2013, 09:58:54 pm #13 Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:00:31 pm by gameus
Awesome job Blizzard. I love how you made this LITE version after I switched phones. xD I recently switch to a Galaxy S3 with 16GB internal storage. But nonetheless, amazing job on this. Feel especially proud with all the 5-star ratings, you deserved it!

Spoofus

I convinced a friend of mine to get this, on his android.
We are gonna make a day of it this upcoming Sunday I will post the results of how the game went.
(hilarity will ensue)

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

Feel free to post videos/photos on our Facebook page. <3

Spoofus

I'll post them here, some may not be suitable for the facebook goers.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

Check out this spanish video how real men play King of Booze! Seriously, these guys can drink A LOT. Kudos to your throats and our condolences to your livers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odnKvxTIih4

Blizzard

September 18, 2013, 04:11:21 pm #18 Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:14:20 pm by Blizzard
I have 3 great news.

1. KOB has reached over 50,000 downloads on Google Play! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daygames.kingofbooze.android

2. KOB iOS? Fuck yes!

Spoiler: ShowHide

3. Planets. *points at the picture above* But they will be available for iOS exclusively for now.

G_G

waaaaaaaaaaaat whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blizzard

Planets are optional. When you create a new game, there is a new option in Game Options called Board Layout where you can set it to Classic or Planets.

If Google would allow to receive money in Croatia, we'd make Planets an in-app purchase for Android (but we probably will on OUYA). But as things are now, they will be added later in the Android version. BTW, this is because the iOS version won't be free.

PhoenixFire

Why not simply use PayPal as a payment processor? I'm sure they would allow payments in Croatia..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/150324?hl=en&ref_topic=15867

I can't find the other link anymore, but you're not allowed to sell anything except through Google (either directly in the store or through in-app purchases). The only exception to that rule is if you actually sell physical goods or stuff like tickets for planes/movies/etc.

Blizzard

G_G

LOL! I can't wait to play this. with actual alcohol. When my girlfriend turns 21 (January 31st) we're getting a hotel room and she's gonna get some for us. Totally cracking out this game. I'll be sure to record it too. :3

Zexion

Oh gosh G_G...I don't think that is appropriate for this forum  :naughty:

Blizzard

We're also currently in the middle of our iOS beta testing. So far the only problem we had was that older devices (such as the iPhone 3GS) were low on RAM so the game crashed. We added LD (low definition) graphics for those devices and now everything runs smoothly. I can't say any release dates, but it will be soon. We still have to finish the new trailer and maybe we'll even find a publisher for the game instead of publishing it ourselves.

G_G

Sounds sweet. :) Looking forward to seeing this.

Blizzard

October 23, 2013, 07:48:10 am #28 Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:46:43 pm by Blizzard
Oh god, I forgot to post here.

King of Booze has been released on iOS!

iPhone version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id715048833
iPad HD version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id724241089

We also made a new trailer.

G_G

October 23, 2013, 09:23:12 am #29 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:24:37 am by gameus
If I still had an iDevice, I'd buy it. :3 Awesome job Blizz. :)

EDIT: And you said you wouldn't add planets to the android version. Haha, awesome.

Blizzard

Yeah, we changed our minds. We wanted the planets to be something extra for the iOS version so that it's justified that they have to pay, but in the end we also earn money through the ads in the Android version so there's kinda no point to make it iOS exclusive.

Blizzard

Aegisrox and his sister translated the game to Portuguese (and fixed the Spanish translation) so we made them a character in v1.5.1!

Blizzard

November 05, 2013, 01:39:48 am #32 Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:50:13 am by Blizzard
Haha, insane! Over the course of this weekend (October 31st - November 3rd inclusive) we have sold 50 copies of KOB for iPhone and 6 for iPad! We're gonna be so stinkin' rich. xD

EDIT: We also already have over 70k downloads on all other platforms. <3

Blizzard

Did you know that it's King of Booze's birthday? It's been exactly 1 year since KOB saw the backlight of Android smartphones for the first time.

How hard are you willing to party? We are willing to party SO HARD that were giving away FREE COPIES of KING OF BOOZE for iPhone and iPad all week! Get them while they're HOT, HOT, HOT!

iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/king-of-booze-drinking-game/id715048833
iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/king-of-booze-hd-drinking-game/id724241089

Blizzard

December 10, 2013, 10:30:48 am #34 Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:32:18 am by Blizzard
OH GOD HOLY JESUS H. CHRIST IN A CHICKEN BASKET!!! We've had over 8300 downloads yesterday! O_O

G_G

Fuck yeah! Awesome fucking job Blizzard! <3

G_G

._.

You have t-shirts.

And you didn't tell me.

You twat.

Blizzard

I thought you knew. Especially since we display a message. Though, I thought that I did mention them.

G_G

Expect me to buy one soon. I'd love to wear the shit out of that shirt. Also, what would it take to get a special cameo without translating any languages?

Blizzard

January 09, 2014, 01:37:38 am #39 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:15:22 am by Blizzard
Just ask, lol!
Seriously though, IDK how much time Teo has on his hands since he's currently busy with another game. I'll ask him.

EDIT: Kiki said:

bilo kakav contribution znacajni za nasu igru bi dobio likica
Znaci nek nam nabavi neku objavu na blogu, nek nam isprogramira nekaj, neka si tetovira KOB na guzicu. Nesto to show that he cares

Which roughly translates to:

He can get a character for any kind of contribution.
That means he can get us published on some blog, he can program something, he can tattoo KOB on his ass. Something to show that he cares.

So yeah. xD

G_G

Sweet. I'll do something. ;3

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2014, 01:37:38 am

..he can tattoo KOB on his ass..

So yeah. xD

hehe... Well, I have been looking for a new tattoo design myself...
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

January 09, 2014, 03:54:03 pm #42 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:59:07 pm by Blizzard
If you put KOB's logo on your ass, I'll personally put your name in the special thanks section as well.

PhoenixFire

You have no idea how tempting that is...   :beer:

Blizzard

We hit 100 000 downloads on Google Play, woohoo!

Blizzard

King of Booze is FREE for a limited time! Get your copy while it's still fresh!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id715048833

Blizzard

Google banned KOB for no real reason and we cannot get it back. We lost all downloads, reviews and we can't update the version you have on your phone anymore.

We have to start from scratch, you can speed up this process by downloading and rating King of Booze again (via new link below), also by sharing the new link for download and making your friends do the same.

Thank you for your effort! Hope we'll be at our previous position in no time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daygames.kingofbooze.drinkinggame

PhoenixFire

OH! I totally forgot about this game! I can actually download it and play with some friends now that I have an android tablet :D

Blizzard

Soulshaker3

I'll probably play it on sunday, sooo monday will be a hard day with a portuguese exam at 9 am  :^_^':
Hellow?

Blizzard

We made an ad-free version for Google Play so we can finally feed our unwanted children. If you want to help feed them, buy it today.
Unfortunately, for our poorer alcohol wielding fans, we will be locking certain features in the free Google play version. If you want to avoid this, for the love of all that is drunk, don't update.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daygames.kingofbooze.drinkinggame.full

Zexion

nice copy paste br0
I saw this on facebook :P

Blizzard

Yeah, copy-paste is the best invention ever. <3

G_G

I'm curious, did they remove the barrier to making money in your region or did you just find a way to circumvent it?

Blizzard

The latter. And as far as I understand, it's completely legal. We just made a dev account in my sister's name who lives in Graz, Austria. She opened a bank account there and all we had to do is connect them and that's it.

Blizzard

March 15, 2015, 02:50:34 am #55 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:09:43 am by Blizzard
*legal double post*

We decided to try out the Steam waters as well and got KOB up on Greenlight.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=407682153

EDIT: We also have a new logo.

Blizzard

May 26, 2015, 02:58:24 am #56 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:00:35 am by Blizzard

This week we're having a sale! Both the iOS and Android versions are $0.99 instead of the usual $2.99.

Blizzard

King of Booze, making people do awkward stuff since 2012! xD

Blizzard

Woohoo, KOB got released on Steam!
We also have a new trailer.

Blizzard

November 23, 2016, 03:00:31 pm #59 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:03:17 pm by Blizzard
So, after 300k downloads Google has decided it will de-index us from the search engine for the keyword "drinking game". What do we do about this? After another utter and complete failure to communicate with Google in a manner that we actually get any useful information on what's wrong, we decided to just start from scratch again. Not the first time, probably not the last either. They knock you down seventeen times, you get up eighteen times. ;)

PLEASE REDOWNLOAD IF YOU WANT TO KEEP GETTING UPDATES!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daygames.kingofbooze.drinkinggames

EDIT: This is only for the free version. The full version seems fine so far. Let's hope it stays that way. >_>