Question about what's going to happen to the arc editor.

Started by Trinitygamer, December 15, 2012, 03:46:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinitygamer

Ok, as many people know, F0 pretty much just dropped off the face of the planet (I even googled his user name, and every possible rendition of it, i'm starting to think he got hit by a car or something). Which of course, means that we need someone else to program the editor (Seeing as he was the one doing it).

As i under stand, that was disided that Ryex was now doing it (according to a post made by Blizzard on the F0 rant topic). I was wandering, does that mean it has to be built from the ground up?

Anyway, if that's the way it has to be done, i found an open source project that you can use as a starting point. the person basically tried to create an improved verion of the RPG maker series. http://sourceforge.net/projects/openrpgmaker/

Ryex

Actually, F0 was working on a .NET version of the editor to be used as the editor for the first release of ARC. however I've been working on the editor for the full version in python from the inception of ARC, and it's quite far along. I'm working on it slowly but the scope of a full editor from scratch in python which has no native bindings for making windowed programs mean it's a large undertaking. that, and no one else on the team seem to like working in python so it's really only me.

Life's been kicking my ass lately but there have been developments that mean you could see a beta of the editor soon™. as in possibly by may.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Gameus has joined the team again in order to help Ryex out with the Python editor.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

And you can bet your ass I'm not gonna quit this time. ;) I've been doing some research with Python recently. And as soon as I can get with Ryex, I'm gonna get started with my part of the work.

Trinitygamer

Quote from: Ryex on December 15, 2012, 04:39:10 am
Actually, F0 was working on a .NET version of the editor to be used as the editor for the first release of ARC. however I've been working on the editor for the full version in python from the inception of ARC, and it's quite far along. I'm working on it slowly but the scope of a full editor from scratch in python which has no native bindings for making windowed programs mean it's a large undertaking. that, and no one else on the team seem to like working in python so it's really only me.

Life's been kicking my ass lately but there have been developments that mean you could see a beta of the editor soon™. as in possibly by may.

Yeah, i think life has decided to kick most of us in the ass lately. Anyway, you can take your time, i was just worried that everything was going to have to start over from the very beginning (@_@) that would have meant that it would be a good year or two before we even saw an initial release. (That thought makes me want to cry)

Anyway, it's good to know that i was just missunderstanding what was going on, and that the editor is actually still there (:D).

EDIT1:
Quote from: Blizzard on December 15, 2012, 06:15:17 am
Gameus has joined the team again in order to help Ryex out with the Python editor.

cool, :D

EDIT2:
Quote from: gameus on December 15, 2012, 07:41:20 am
And you can bet your ass I'm not gonna quit this time. ;) I've been doing some research with Python recently. And as soon as I can get with Ryex, I'm gonna get started with my part of the work.

Well, on behalf of everyone, thanks for joining the team, every little bit of help goes a long way, and good luck with the editor. :D

winkio

Holy triple post Batman!  Use the Modify button at the top of your post if you have something to add on to the original post.

Keep up the good work guys.

Trinitygamer

Quote from: winkio on December 15, 2012, 05:39:22 pm
Holy triple post Batman!  Use the Modify button at the top of your post if you have something to add on to the original post.

Keep up the good work guys.

sorry about that, i just used the 'quote' button, sorry. (>.<)