Something weird I recently encountered

Started by Sin86, December 17, 2012, 10:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin86

Today, I was testing out with my project in RPGMXP and things normally work great whenever I use it. However, today, I was using it and everything seemed fine except something was wrong.

I was using Blizz ABS and I have the enemy HP meter script installed and I was fighting an enemy. No errors happened when using the program but I noticed that now the frame that contains the health bar for the enemy was missing and it was just a healthbar without the frame's graphic. Now, I go into the folder that contains the graphic and all the files work great the enemy health bar's frame. I open it and it says "file is either corrupted, damaged or too large". I go into a back up that I made from last week and replaced the broken graphic file with a working one but I do not exactly 100% know how this all happened.

I do remember around Wednesday or Thursday, I was browsing the web and all the sudden everything, including the mouse freezes on my computer and I had no choice but to do a restart with the power button. This may or may not have caused the file to be corrupted but RPGMXP wasn't on at the time when this happened. Other than that, my project is still safe with the exception of that frame for the enemy health bar but now I replaced it with a working one.

Does anyone know what else could corrupt that file?

Also, I got another question. How would you know if any of the files in the data folder are corrupted? I mean, you don't really access those by double clicking them but instead they are used whenever you use the .rxproj file. Like any map you alter, you basically access that map's file from the data folder(example, edit map id 1, it uses the data file for map id 1, or make map id 2, a new map id file is created in data folder). Will the rxproj stop working if atleast 1 data file is corrupted?

Ryex

December 17, 2012, 11:27:17 pm #1 Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:28:28 pm by Ryex
you had best be careful. these signs spell disk failure and unless you get a new hard drive lined up and start backing up all your projects you could loose a lot of work.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Sin86

December 19, 2012, 02:50:55 am #2 Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:45:07 am by Sin86
Then I have a question. Is there a way I can check the health of my hard drive to see if a disk failure might happen to it?

Actually, nevermind that question. I downloaded this program called S.M.A.R.T.(you can find it herehttp://www.ntfs.com/disk-monitor.htm). I did a scan and it only found one bad area(in red) and everything else in green(good) and most of everything in the info on those bars is all green and a very, very little is in red.