Most amazing things you've seen on RMXP?

Started by Zexion, December 20, 2012, 09:24:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

What are some of the most awesome-tastic, amazing, unbelievable, spectaculicious things you have seen on RMXP, or rpg maker in general?

I'm kinda losing my inspiration due to the thing in the shoutbox lol, and I'm looking to be inspired again :P

AliveDrive

In RMXP, I've seen some of the most gorgeous maps, and sometimes this can only be achieved through tons of hard work on a custom tileset.

If you want more motivation get some of your friends in on it.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

KK20

Super Mario RPG Starlite Worlds is looking very nice, even though I thought it died a couple years ago. Latest video

I like seeing all the different things people can create despite limitations. It shows a lot of ingenuity (something that I like the most in people).

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Dweller

AĆ«demphia, imprevise rpgmaker game --> http://www.aedemphia-rpg.net (but is rpgmaker 2003)
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

KK20

Damn, that artwork is sex. Too bad I can't understand a lick of non-English.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

Yeah I was checking it out earlier and it's awesome, also looked at that mario thingy on youtube, and that was also awesome. I got re-inspired today, but instead of re-doing the tileset I'm working on, I decided to work on menus and other animations and junk. Then I will attempt a tileset again, and the game will be done :D

Blizzard

December 21, 2012, 06:25:34 am #6 Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:26:37 am by Blizzard
You should have seen that scene from CP when Jason

transforms into his former self with epic music and beats the shit out of Anoxis. Sadly Youtube is a massive douchebag and I had to take down the video.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

Quote from: Blizzard on December 21, 2012, 06:25:34 am
Sadly Youtube is a massive douchebag and I had to take down the video.

What do you mean exactly?

Blizzard

I got a copyright claim because the boss theme was "Downfall" by "Children of Bodom" and the video could not be viewed anymore unless I switched out the audio. And there was no way to simply remove the audio completely. Asses.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ThallionDarkshine

That scene is awesome! Easily my favorite of CP.
Other than watching Jason kill all his friends. :<_<:

Lobstrosity

No, the best part in CP was clearly the part when
Jason was in the prison cell with the tuxedo.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Blizzard

I loved the scene in the basement of Ariana's house.

Zexion

I should play CP lol :P I downloaded it, but I had that font glitch that eventually fixed itself, and ever since then I just could never start it. I can't get myself to play an intro to a game more than once (espcially on Square Enix Games, UGH)

Blizzard

If you keep the CONFRIM button pressed, it will just skip over the whole dialogue very quickly.

Lobstrosity

I just loved a lot of the parts when
you're fighting Nemesis' henchmen. Even if I didn't really have trouble with them, the battles were still all epic.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

ThallionDarkshine

I give up. My favorite part is:
All of CP. It's just so awesome!

Heretic86

This thread needs some badass screenshots of works people are impressed by!  Links to those games would also be truly appreciated so we can all try them out!
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Zexion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmNBKGSGS1E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ziWoH05mNc

Not sure if it's the fan boy in me, or just the fact that the game looks so nice, but I really am impressed with this. Honestly graphics wise it only stands out because it's so complete, but otherwise it is impressive because they manage to actually complete a fan game...
I've tried, and I've been successful to some extent, but I'd rather release nothing than release shit :P

The best I ever had was probably at some point using mr.mos abs, screen resolution script and several others. I litterally had a complete engine, but then I couldn't script cool combos and certain battle features like I wanted.. I think I had the pic on this site too...yep found it:

How I did it:
The hud was mostly evented. It would check to see which enemy is targeted by variable, then check the health and update the hud. It needed to be configured for every enemy including the higher level of the same kind. The player hp hud was scripted though because I am actually good enough to do that :P  The command menu didn't actually work yet. It would do the animation and change order etc, but if you press the buttons it says, nothing would happen lol. The big enemy only had one attack and that was to hit the ground lol. He was stationary so his sprite would always be on screen not cut off, but he had idle animations and everything.

Blizzard

March 05, 2013, 03:53:48 pm #19 Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:54:52 pm by Blizzard
Most of us here heard about To the Moon. As a matter of fact, CP's staff got a free copy from Reives since he wants to port it to other platforms by switching from RMXP to ARC. xD