Gonna be doing a bit

Started by legacyblade, December 20, 2012, 02:14:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

Hey everyone. I know I haven't contributed much so far, and I was in the mood to sprite, so I'm going to be doing a little bit for the RTP. Don't know how long I'll last at it, but at least I'll be doing something, eh?

Anyways, I'm going to work on changing the RMXP RTP styled sprites over to one that matches the template. I'm currently working on knight5 (the guy who's the bad guy from Chaos Project) I've finished the hair, and I've done the first frame for the front view. Man, I hate spriting monochromatic outfits (I know it's not all black, but there's a LOT of freaking black in it.)

Here's what he looks like so far

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp727jw56yzs644/010-knight05.png

Ryex

That's a freaking awesome Idea!

Good luck and thanks for the Help LB It looks great so far.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Finished the top and bottom + animations. Going to work on the side views tomorrow. I really want to continue helping out with this, because it's always depressed me a bit that I've done almost nothing, so I'm going to make sure to pace myself so I don't get worn out and give up on the project.

@Ryex, I meant changing the ones in the ARC rtp that are sprites from Legend of Lexima. But I was thinking of making arshes as an ARC sprite. so I guess I already have my answer to your thoughts on it :P My only worries is that basing the design off of him could get us in some copyright trouble.

@Blizzard, glad you like him :P I tried to stay true to the design as much as possible. I gave him a bit of a confident walk compared to the default template (he swings his shoulders in a manly fashion) What do you think of the alteration? I haven't finished CP, so I didn't get to much of Rivy's personality (though one of your april fool's games totally spoiled me about his identity :P)

Blizzard

He doesn't appear too much in CP to actually define his personality. But he is a more serious and bad-ass version of Jason.
I like the alteration. It's only changed in graphic style, not really how he looks like so it's a good alternative to the original.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Ah ok. So my little understanding of him (badA**) was pretty much spot on. I'm glad. And glad you like it. I've just been doing sprites for Terraria mods (unreleased, it was just to add in some costumes and weapons specific to the anime characters our group's artist has devised to represent us), and those are done in...like the size of an RMXP icon. So adjusting to the difference in size and detail was hard, so I'm really glad it turned out well and that you approve of him in this style :D

legacyblade

(can't remember the rule on double posting versus bumping. It's fine to double post after 24 hours, right?)

Despite what it seemed like, I did not in fact die mid sprite :P I just got sick of this sprite, so I had to take a break. I've done the standing poses for the side view. Now I just need to do the last two animation frames, and it'll be finished! After that, I'm probably going to work on going through the sprites that don't match up to the style and/or qualiy of the majority of sprites in the RTP.

Blizzard

That sounds good. :)

(Yeah, double posts after 24 hours are fine.)