The future of Spam

Started by Blizzard, July 14, 2008, 05:39:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How should the problem be solved?

Not at all, it's good as it is! #$%&1
4 (20%)
Make a membergroup which can see the SPAM section and allow people to enter or leave that group.
8 (40%)
Completely cut off SPAM, make it a place for junk only and make a separate section for "Random Entertainment".
5 (25%)
Delete the stupid posts in the topics. If they are so pointless and annoying, it should bother nobody.
8 (40%)
Just lock topics that become too idiotic.
15 (75%)
Remove SPAM from the topics that are displayed in the "Show new posts since last visit" section.
20 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Tazero

Spam is dumb, If you want spam then goto a chatroom if you don't like chatrooms do it to OTHER Forums

If you were a fish...

Vell

theres a SPAM SECTION. it exists so the worthless members like me dont annoy relevant people.

Valcos

Lol Ulta.. .you aren't worthless, just useless?  :V:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on October 12, 2008, 07:47:36 am
Also, this thread is old and I don't think that we need to discuss this any further as we kinda solved this problem.

Quote from: Taharo on December 16, 2008, 07:17:23 pm
Spam is dumb, If you want spam then goto a chatroom if you don't like chatrooms do it to OTHER Forums
So is there really a need to post in this obsolete thread? No. But I guess you can still discuss little things about it. I won't try to lock this for necroposting since that's a thing other forums like to do...And I'm not new to the concept. But Blizzard, if you want to lock this, lock it up baby. :)

Spam in a chatroom is not a good idea if people are there to gossip...It'll be annoying.

Doing it on other forums is perfectly fine if you have a grudge against them. :)

But the SPAM forum containing SPAM is just for humor and partying that are within posts. They contain no real relevance and such too. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

Wait..What the hell? Spam is dumb? Oh, I'm so sorry Sir I-Am-The-Judge-Of-Intelligence. I had been under the impression that Spam was something that might, in fact, be a realse of stress or maybe even a sign of activity. The fact that out Spam thread is so active should be a measure not of stupidity but activity. The only reason we have a Spam section is because we have enough members to warrent this being an issue. do you propose we get rid of it?

Tazero

Quote from: Diokatsu on December 17, 2008, 07:16:39 pm

Wait..What the hell? Spam is dumb? Oh, I'm so sorry Sir I-Am-The-Judge-Of-Intelligence. I had been under the impression that Spam was something that might, in fact, be a realse of stress or maybe even a sign of activity. The fact that out Spam thread is so active should be a measure not of stupidity but activity. The only reason we have a Spam section is because we have enough members to warrent this being an issue. do you propose we get rid of it?

Possibly Spam is boring annoying and if you want to get rid of stress get in a fight or puch a pillow....
If it's activity do something prooductive.

If you were a fish...

winkio

I see spam as a way of having fun with the people you know on this forum.  It's carefree, and has nothing to do with anything.  Kinda just a hang-out place.

Tazero

I'm not anti social or an ass or anything i just don't like pointless conversations ya know  :offtopic::down:

If you were a fish...

Diokatsu

So don't spam and let others keep their peace...

Vell

my first impression: your an ass.

so... your gonna have to work to get me to think you are.

Quote from: Younot anti social or an ass or anything

and if anything, this might be best suited sent to Spam.

Blizzard

You don't seem to understand, Dio: CP's spam IS dumb. All the entertaining threads have been moved into the Entertainment section.

Locked for necroposting.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.