[XP] ACE Menu Engine

Started by bigace, December 27, 2012, 01:57:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigace

December 27, 2012, 01:57:34 pm Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:38:43 am by bigace
ACE Menu Engine
Authors: Bigace360
Version: 1.40
Type: ACE Custom Menu System
Key Term: Custom Menu System

Introduction
With this script, you can add, remove, and rearrange menu commands as you see fit. In addition to that, you can add in menu commands that lead to common events or even custom commands provided through other scripts.

This script also provides window appearance management such as setting almost all command windows to be center aligned or changing the position of the help window.

Features

• Debug Shortcuts (Only during $DEBUG and $BTEST mode)

• Moving Backgrounds

• Add and removing scenes can be down easily now through the module without having to reconfigure the menu.

• You can now have moving battlers in the menu.

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Script

Instructions
To install this script, open up your script editor and copy/paste this script to an open slot below Scene_Debug, and Warrior_Engine, but above Main. Considering the special nature of this script, unless I state otherwise, it is  highly recommended that you place this script above all non-core scripts. Remember to save.

Scroll down and edit the module as you see fitting for your game.

Compatibility
Requires Scene_Base

Scripts that are compatibily with the Engine:
Bestiary
Scene_Biography
Scene_RowChanger

scripts that may conflict with this Engine are stated in the comments in the SECTIONS.

Credits and Thanks

• Bigace360, for the script.

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

AliveDrive

This is really well made! I think it looks super clean.

I have a question though. I did not see anything about Key Items, does the menu account for them?
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

bigace

Quote from: AliveDrive on December 27, 2012, 02:39:22 pm
This is really well made! I think it looks super clean.

I have a question though. I did not see anything about Key Items, does the menu account for them?

Thanks, but I don't understand your question. Whats this about Key Items?

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

Heretic86

Probably like quest specific not usable items like Dungeon Key.  I think what he is asking is if there is a way to view only Key Items, FF style...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

bigace

December 28, 2012, 01:21:13 am #4 Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:22:42 am by bigace
uh that still doesn't make sense :???: , are you talking about the commands (ex. item, skill, equip, status, save...). Otherwise I have no clue.

Kirye

Quote from: bigace on December 28, 2012, 01:21:13 am
uh that still doesn't make sense :???: , are you talking about the commands (ex. item, skill, equip, status, save...). Otherwise I have no clue.

In old Final Fantasy games, items were listed in 2 categories. Any regular item that can be used: weapons, armor, consumables, etc. Then the second category listed items that were basically quest related, like keys or special items that you know your party has, but shouldn't show up in the regular inventory as it doesn't have any other use outside of its quest significance.

Spoiler: ShowHide

bigace

December 28, 2012, 03:30:57 am #6 Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:35:19 am by bigace
Quote from: Kirye on December 28, 2012, 01:38:30 am
Quote from: bigace on December 28, 2012, 01:21:13 am

In old Final Fantasy games, items were listed in 2 categories. Any regular item that can be used: weapons, armor, consumables, etc. Then the second category listed items that were basically quest related, like keys or special items that you know your party has, but shouldn't show up in the regular inventory as it doesn't have any other use outside of its quest significance.

Uh okay, if thats the case then NO. This is not a item scene, it the menu scene. That's why I was confused,  :facepalm: please learn to read next time this is the main menu if you want any of my other scene scripts go to my blog until I post them here. Also no, I haven't made an Item Scene yet so I can't help you there.

G_G

Heretic86

Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

ThallionDarkshine

bigace

Thanks you guys, hopefully I can complete the Item, Skill, save and New Game before the spring time. Because I've been moving like a snail in 2012.

LiTTleDRAgo

for a moment I mistaken this as VX-ACE in XP   :xD:

level up +

bigace

Script and Demo updated:
v1.38 (01.22.2013)
● Improved Coding
● Fixed the placement of the HP, SP, and EXP.
● Fixed issue with the custom_commands and events
● Fixed compatibility with my other upgraded ACE Menu System scripts

bigace

Script Update:
v1.40 (02.05.2013)
● Improved Coding
● Added an option to turn off access to any scene.