Looking for a hard to find ATB system.

Started by Scoryth, January 10, 2013, 11:47:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoryth

Some time ago I was using an Active Time Battle system for RMXP that was unique. Instead of each actor having bars next to their names that filled as they waited their turn, this ATB had a single bar in the upper corner of the screen that had an icon of each actor and enemy in the battle. The icons started on the left of the bar and slid to the right. The speed of their movement along the bar was based on the actor's/enemy's speed. When the icon of said actor reached the right side of the bar that actor's command window appeared (or if it was the enemy it would perform its desired action). I have tried looking for it, but I can't find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

-Scoryth

Terv

I remember one French game that has this CBS. I checked the project again, is it this one? The bar is as you described.

Scoryth

I don't recall the system looking that awesome, but that is the general idea. The time bar was in the upper (right?) corner and it had a gradient color, but as far as functionality, yes that's quite accurate.

-Scoryth

Terv

January 12, 2013, 03:59:42 pm #3 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:01:36 pm by Terv
So I have found a battle system called "CBS", that defines a module called "CCOA_CBS". However the battles ingame don't really look like Ccoa's BS  :huh: Mr.Mo's ABS is there too but that's definitely not it. So I guess even though the game has that bar you mentioned it's probably not the CBS you are looking for :/

I recommend checking out other, current battle systems; there are plenty, and they often come with many features ready to use and additionally are highly customizable.

Jragyn

I'm pretty sure there are settings within Enu's Tankentai that arranged the system similar to what you've described.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?