Megaman Fan Movie

Started by Blizzard, January 13, 2013, 04:50:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I don't remember if I ever posted this, but some while ago a Megaman fan movie trailer appeared on Youtube. Well, they actually finished it and I just finished watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLqmH77g_s

It may start out a bit childish and cheesy, but it gets actually intense later (e.g. Iceman supposedly has MPD, most other robot masters are convinced that they are being the good guys, etc.). While the character mostly stay relatively simple, at moments you will be surprised when it will be hinted at their actual depth. Only the actress playing Roll is really one-dimensional, but she isn't THAT relevant anyway.

It's kinda fun to find inconsistencies in filming like the constantly changing fake mustache of Dr. Wily. But it's by no means a bad movie. Try to figure out how they were using smart techniques to avoid having to film a lot of background and still make everything appear atmospheric and immersive, it's actually pretty cleverly executed and the whole movie is a pretty decent production for a fan movie. It wouldn't have hurt to have some better CG, but if they tried that, they probably would have ended up having it render for weeks which probably wasn't an option.
And you gotta love the irony in some of the scenes. xD Rock and Roll playing Contra, them dancing the Robot, etc.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.