help with RMXP

Started by swan101, January 29, 2013, 04:14:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swan101

I was searching around for a script or a series of events allowing a character customization and i did find one however i don't read or speak Japanese lol. if anybody could help me with a character customization script i would appreciate it ty

Blizzard

What kind of customization exactly? There are different types of customizations from visual, over skill sets to simple stats.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

swan101

@blizzard  :facepalm: sorry about that by that i mean to say visual customization like hair color/skin tone/gender etc... etc.. nothing to high tech or extreme, id like it to be like a shop option that when you click the npc the event will call the script and ex. for a certain amount of gold you can color your hair/change hair style/get an new outfit/small accessories that kind of idea

Blizzard

I made a script for template body, hair and eyes for Remexos, but I never released it since it didn't include clothes (not that adding clothes would be much of a problem).
I'd finish the thing and release it, but I kinda lack the time. If anybody wants to finish it, I can send them the script.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

swan101

:rite:  that would be mighty generous of you and if you dont mind id like to take a look at it if you say its not that hard then it'd be a good place to start out

Zexion

I'm not sure if it was blizzard's script, but I know I downloaded a demo a long time ago that had character customization for eyes hair skin and armour. Not clothes but if you want you could always just use armour for clothes :P

Blizzard

Here you go, have fun: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20224394/Character%20Customizer.rar

This demo contains the original script with RMX-OS and Blizz-ABS dependency. Obviously this would have to be changed. I only ask that it is released to the public once finished (and obviously that I am included in the credits).

swan101

^.^ Sweet I just DL'd it and checked it out its pretty kool looking.
--If somebody could quickly explain roughly how i would implement this into my rmxp basically i dont have rmx-os i failed horrifically trying to get it working so i only have blizzabs and tonsofaddons. I'm guessing it's not going to work as long as it's setup for rmx-os so if somebody could help either with getting rmx-os working in my game or help with taking those random lines of code out that i know very little about...

-- @ Help?!?! :wacko:  }in the graphics/characters folder the png files are stored here for the body's,hair,eyes for the customizer  ///////
      to change armors tops and bottoms on the character, do i make two more folders and just save the png tops in folder named Armour tops and the png bottoms in folder amour bottoms?
      or do i have to save sprite sets individually as such: [gender:male][Skin color:white][left eye:style#2/10(color-blue)][right eye:style#2/10(color-blue)][hair:style#210(color-White)][armour top:style#3/10][armour bottom:style#1/10].... example the character sprite with nothing being option zero, the same sprite with yellow hair this time around being option whatever number and so on (i hope that all made sense)

tbh i think i made this much harder than it has to be gawd a fail at this part :facepalm: