[XP] Easy Overdrive System

Started by Blizzard, March 07, 2009, 09:54:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

remove the hashes (#) because they mark comments and comments are not taken into consideration when running any script. As the name says, they are just comments and have no effect on the script.

Blizzard

DesPKP is right. I accidentally left the # in the config after testing something probably. I have reuploaded the script and demo with a normal config so people don't have the same problem in future.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sake42

Great script, but every time I want to add an OD it keeps saying " SynthaxError occurred while running Script" Can you help me?

Blizzard

Post the script call you tried.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sake42

"  $game_actors[ID].learn_overdrive(CD) "

ForeverZer0

What values are you using for ID and CD?
Are they defined correctly?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Sake42

Well, please excuse me, I'm a total noob, Ijust used my Charakters name and the name of the skill   :^_^':

WhiteRose

Quote from: Sake42 on March 16, 2011, 01:26:57 pm
Well, please excuse me, I'm a total noob, Ijust used my Charakters name and the name of the skill   :^_^':

You shouldn't use their names, but their ID numbers. Look to the left of the name in the list in the database; the number there is what you need to use for the character and skill IDs.

Sake42

Blizzard

Did you try something like this or not?

$game_actors[1].learn_overdrive(5)

How else is the script supposed to know which actor should learn which skill as overdrive skill?

Sake42

March 17, 2011, 09:55:04 am #90 Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:46:31 am by Blizzard
As I said before, I'm a total noob at this. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it works now.

EDIT: Damn, this is really going to freak me out :<_<: Now it says I can use it with 200% OD. But it only goes to 100%!

Blizzard

March 17, 2011, 10:46:04 am #91 Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:47:08 am by Blizzard
Please don't double/triple post, edit your post instead.

The SP Cost of the skill defines how many % are required. If a skill needs 200%, then you have set the SP cost to 200.

Sake42

Well, thanks, I'll remember that. :haha:

Siffers

Sorry for posting here, but I wasn't sure where to go for help.

I'm using Tons of Addons and wanted to add an Overdrive System, but when I try to use an Overdrive I get this error

Spoiler: ShowHide

I have no idea how to do any kind of scripting, so I'm at a loss of what to do >.<

Kitsune-Paws

Is there any way to change the script so that the overdrive are actor specific?

Blizzard

Yes, simply configure the array OVERDRIVE_USERS. It seems that I added this in the script, but I forgot to add its meaning in the instructions.