Some suggestions of a new member

Started by iNumPad, February 05, 2013, 08:20:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

iNumPad

First, sorry 'bout my English. I'm Brazilian.
Second, stupid question: This is a USA Forum or UK Forum?

Let's go to topic!

This is a new year, and it would be nice to have a new layout/look.

The version of SMF is so outdated. The current version is 2.0.3. (But, the best is 2.0.2[because the support and modifications])

With a new version, brings up new features to Chaos Project.

Other suggestion is to change the system to IP Board. But this need to purchased. =/

Would be nice if it had YouTube Embbed, SoundCloud embbed, news/more 'social networks on profile' (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Ask, Google Plus and more.)

These are just suggestions for a beginner forum. Just pointed out that I missed of the forums related to Brazil.

- Peace and Boredom to everyone.

Blizzard

February 06, 2013, 02:45:23 am #1 Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:54:16 am by Blizzard
We are not oriented at clunking up the forum with features that basically nobody needs or nobody won't use.

SMF 2.x is a completely different set of scripts and it's not compatible with this one. Converting all data from one forum type to another can cause problems, bugs and corrupt data as this isn't even he default SMF 1.x. I added special mods in there myself.
IP sucks ass, we moved away from that one over 4 years ago. SMF is simpler, faster, more stable and simply better.

Youtube is already supported via flash tags. I do plan on adding actual youtube tags, but honestly, I have yet to find an actually good and lightweight mod for the that (or make one myself). All the currently existing mods kinda suck.
IDK about Soundcloud, but I haven't seen a good mod the last time I looked it up.

The contacts that are available in the profile page are limited to instant messengers and email and I'd like to keep it that way. If people would add Facebook or other social networks, they might someday leave the page and have their contact information unnecessarily on this website and maybe get friend requests from people they don't know and don't want to be harassed by.
A soundcloud contact is pointless as this is a game development forum, not a music forum.
Youtube account is similar as the majority doesn't have one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

sound cloud embed is supported via the flash tag. I've done it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.