Need a Roster/Editable Table for a Guild

Started by Xuroth, February 08, 2013, 12:53:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuroth

I'm faced with a conundrum. I'm part of a Guild Wars 2 guild that has its own SMF forum board. I want to add an editable table (add entries and columns) for a roster. I can't seem to find any widgets on Google that will let me do this. About the best I can find, is to either switch to a guild host site that offers the roster feature (not acceptable) or just keep downloading new text files, editing them, and reupload them (which is a pain).

Basically, I want to have a form that the officers (who are the only ones with access to this utility) can add in a players name, and other info easily. Sort through the table by name, invited by, etc. and be able to update activity status for the player/edit notes.

I thought of MySQL (which is a bit above my head), using other websites' member areas to manage the roster, trying to use a spreadsheet (need the sorting feature), and racking my brain trying to find new search terms in Google to get it. I found several examples of what I want, but they are not usable.

Widgetbox had a clan roster app, but its uneditable.
Tablepress is perfect, aside from the fact it requires Wordpress blog.
A few are paid apps.
Most are utilities reserved for members of Guildhead, Enjin, and other guild site hosts.

Essentially, what I'm asking for: Does anyone know of a widget/app/whatever that you can install into a webpage? Preferably without a DB, because for a small-ish guild, that is overkill. (In my opinion)

It needs:
Easy to use - some officers are not very computer savvy
Editable -update ranks (pro/demotion, inactive, notes)
Sortable - to find members based on stats
Modifiable - to add new columns/stats

Does anyone know how to do this or where to find it? Ive been Googling for hours, and it's gotten me nowhere. You guys have been a great help in the past, helping me troubleshoot my RPG Maker projects, and editing scripts, so I figured I would come here to ask for help.

Blizzard

Would it work if you simply used Google Drive, made a spreadsheet there and shared it with everyone? This should generally do the thing (except maybe sorting).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Xuroth

The sorting has been my major issue, but I'll look into it. Perhaps its available with proper formatting...