Your opinion!

Started by Kordan, February 09, 2013, 09:41:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kordan

okay dudes and dudettes, after years (literally) i have come back to rpgmaker! and i need your opinion!

thing is, im not a scripter, however, i fucking love events! its what made me love RPGmaker. right now i am wondering what my first project should be. something risky, difficult and awesome to look at?

the only thing ive decided to start is making my own event based CBS. but, what should i go for? should i make an active battle system or time based? should i make it side view or arial?

im hungry to make a sideview real time system, kinda like castlevania. but are my eyes bigger than my belly? what about a tactics style system? i duno... which is why im asking haha

what would you guys love to see? something different? something classic? something ballsy?
EXLXAXL

Zexion

A castelvania type ABS would be sweet o.o I think it's entirely possible if you find a way to completely change what the up and down arrows do.

Kordan

Quote from: Zexion on February 09, 2013, 10:35:23 pm
A castelvania type ABS would be sweet o.o I think it's entirely possible if you find a way to completely change what the up and down arrows do.

i'll go for it then :) yeah, i have a couple of ideas to get around that. either having the character on a "rail" and having the up key assigned to something, or have it all completely done by imported picture files (fukn oldskool), and scrapping standard controls altogether. seems like quite alot of work to do though. its getting pretty late/early so i will sleep on it :) keep an eye out for me, and you'll at least see the mechanics working within the next week. test it out n shit. peace out bro :beer:
EXLXAXL