Previous topic - Next topic

Aegisrox

Pokemon Essentials with Online Features - Markz88 MMO Kit
Authors: Markz88, Aegisrox(Chevalsky)
Version: 1.00
Type: RPG maker Engine
Key Term: Misc System

Introduction

Markz MMO Kit is an attempt to make a Pokemon MMO With online features. Right now the engine is still on beta, but is totally playable and is a very promising project.

Features

• Multi player game at same time

• Savegame in a remote database online

• Chat system and command system

• Administrative tools for GameMasters

• Debug mode only for GameMasters

• Auto update system

• Much more

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Download

http://pokemmokit.altervista.org/

Compatibility

Requires RMX-OS, MySQL and Navicat.

Credits and Thanks

• Markz88 for development

• Chevalsky(Aegisrox) for posting

• Poccil/Flameguru/Maruno - Pokemon Essentials Version 11

• Jackolas for part of the tutorial

• Blizzard of course for the awesome RMX-OS

Author's Notes

Have Fun!, Report Error and questions to http://pokemmokit.altervista.org/
Crushing girls in the vanishing point......

Aegisrox

Instructions

Setting up Tutorial

1) Intro
First of all, English is not my main language, so there may be some errors in this guide. Sorry for this.

Also this guide is based on a Windows server. I can't and will not help with a linux server.
In this guide I made the server on windows vista (the hardest one) personal I suggest to build it
on one that runs Windows XP or windows 7 (but all 3 windows should work roughly the same).

2) Before starting up:
Before you start you need to know how a MMO (Massive Multiplayer online) works and
what comes in to run it.
- First of all, MMO's normally run on a server, that's a PC that's on 24h a day and is always
connected to the internet with a big bandwidth. Without it you can't run your MMO.
- Second, if you can't run this for yourself (AKA an extra pc in your home on-line for 24h a day) than
you need an online server.

3) What do I need?
If your reading this than I guess that you already looked into the manual that's included in blizzard
his awesome RMX-OS. If not I suggest to read it before starting. otherwise continue reading

Before we start lest first see what you need:

Ruby 1.8.6 (get it here: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/ )
       You want the Ruby 1.8.6 One-Click Installer
   Ruby 1.9.1 package (get it here: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167 )
       You want the ruby-1.9.1-p243-doc-chm-rc1.7z
   Something to open 7-zip (get it here: http://www.7-zip.org/ )
   MySQL Server (get it here: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ )
       You want at least version 5 or higher (for this TUT I used version 5.1.41)
   MySQL management software (I suggest: http://www.navicat.com/en/download/download.html )
       Any other program that can manage MySQL will also do

4) Let's get started:
4.1)Installing Ruby
First of all install the Ruby 1.8.6 somewhere on your server. This should be a straight forward job
and if you fail you can stop right here and cry in a corner. When you installed it, Extract the
Ruby 1.9.1 package to the 1.8.6 install path and replace the needed files.
Congratulations, you just installed Ruby 1.9.1.

4.2) Installing the RMX-OS server

Simply unzip the server folder where you want

4.3) Installing MySQL Database
Next we can get on with installing the MySQL Database. You need this because this is where all
the data of the players get saved, its the new save system of your game. This is also where most
people get stuck. MySQL has some nasty stuff in store. First of all you need to make sure your
logged in into the administrator account of your PC (in XP this is every account).
when your in the Administrator go ahead and install MySQL. this should be straight forward job.
until you get to a screen like below:

make sure you have "Configure the Mysql Server now" on
and the "Register the MySQL Server now" off like the screen above. and press finish.
the Configuration will pop up like below:

Press next and the next screen will appear.

make sure that you have the "Detailed Confuguration" on like the above screen and press next
you will get the following screen

Here you see 3 options. now its the time to think ahead. if the PC your installing the MySQL on
is going to run other applications than its suggested to use the top option (like in the screen shot).
If the PC is only going to run the MySQL than you can choose one of the other 2 options. If you made
your selection press next and it will change to the following screen:

For RMX-OS you need to select the "Multifunctional Databas". If you selected this press next

Next you get to choose where the database will be saved. personal I suggest somewhere you can
find it back easily. I installed mine into the Database folder of the "RMX-OS Server", but any
place will do. if done, press next

This screen you need to decide how many people will connect to your server at the same time.
Its kinda the server limit. For a starting server I suggest to have around 20 peep and chose the
top option "Decision Support (DSS)/OLAP". If you want to have more people than chose the lower
option "Manual Setting" and fill in the right amount of people. Remember that the more people are
connecting to your server the more bandwidth it will take.

In the next screen make sure that "Enable TCP/IP Networking" is turned on or else the whole server
might crash. for simple keep the port that is put up (3306). Also if your not a star in Firewalls make
sure that "add firewall exception for this port" is turned on.
Also make sure that "Enable Strict Mode" is on. than press next.

next up is setting up the Default Characters.
just enable "Best Support for Multilingualism" and everything should work fine. Press next

This screen is to set up the Windows Service. put both "Install As Windows Service" and
"Include Bin Directory in Windows PATH" on
also make sure that Service Name: is set to MySQL.
to automatic start up the database when windows start enable "Launch the MySQL Server automatically"
This is Recommended because lots of stuff can go wrong starting it manual every time.
Press next when ready

The next 1 is important. this is where you set up the Root password. YOU NEED THIS PASS LATER so write it down.
Make sure that "Modify Security Settings" is on and fill in a password.
Do NOT turn "Enable root access from remote Machines" and "Create An Anonymous Account"
when you filled in the pass press on next

Now is the moment of truth and to see if you followed the tutorial.
if everything is correct than the Database will be set up as soon as you press Execute.
Press Execute and see what happens.

If everything is done correctly you will see 4 blue V in the circles.
if the wizard is stopped at "Start Service" or a error popped up look into the FAQ 1.1
Otherwise, Congratulations. you just successfully created the hardest thing of RMX-OS

5) Managing the MySQL database

5.1) Install navicat

Its very simple, no problem here

5.2) Create connection

After installing, open navicat and Go to File > New connections > Mysql...

Then a windows pops up, and you need to complete with the information that you filled in the instalation of Mysql

*In connection name: Put the name you want, recommended "test
*In hostname / ipadress: Put the ip where the database are located, by default "127.0.0.1" or "localhost"
*In port: Put the default port 3306
*In username and password: Put the user and password that you filled in the installation of mysql by default "root" and password in blank

This is important: Before click "OK", press the button "Test Connection", if  

5.3) Create the database

Go to the window division "Connections" > Secondary click on the connection that you just created ("test") > Select "New Database"

Then a new windows pops up, and you need to complete with the database name, the name of the database need to be "rmxosdb"

For last, click "OK"

5.4) Importing database

Right now you have your rmxosdb database created, the secondary click on it, a select "EXECUTE SQL File..."

A new windows pops up, then you need to select the location of the sql file where the database are located

Click on the "..." button, Go to the server folder you unzipped in the point 4.2, then go to the folder "Database" and select the file "RMX-OS SQL Database.sql",

Finally click on "START"

If everything is Okay, do double click on the Rmxosdb database, and you will see all the tables that were created.

6) Config RMX-OS

6.1) Go to the server folder that you unzipped in the point 4.2 and open the file "cfg.ini":
Edit this file in the following lines:

SQL_HOSTNAME = 'localhost'
   SQL_USERNAME = 'your MySQL username' - by default "root"
   SQL_PASSWORD = 'your MySQL password' - by default in blank
   SQL_DATABASE = 'your database name' - needs to be "rmxosdb"

6.2) Run the file "start server.bat"

7) Extra point: Other users connect in your server

In order to another player connect in your server you will need to edit 2 things:

a. In the server folder: Edit the file "cfg.ini" and in the line "HOST = '127.0.0.1'" put the IP of your machine, in order to know it go to http://www.ipchicken.com/

b. In the client folder: Edit the file "Game.rxproj", select the Script Editor tool, then go to the script "(RMX-OS) Options", and in the line  "SERVERS.push(['Tepig', '127.0.0.1', 54269])" Replace hte ip 127.0.0.1 with the ip of your machine that you obtain in the point above.

Keys and commands

Keys:

• Direction Keys to navicate

• ESC - Back/Pause Menu

• ENTER - Choose/Interaction/Confirm

• F5 - Use registered item

• F6 - Show/Hide Chat

• F7 - Activate/Deactivate Chat

• SHIFT - Run

Commands:

• see available commands: /help

• add friend: /baddname

• remove friend: /bremove name

• Show friend list: /bshow

• Create guild: /gcreate Name Password

• Eliminar guild: /gdisband

• Invite to a guild: /ginvite Name

• Exit from a guild: /gleave

• Guild information: /ginfo

• Send PM: /pmsend Name message

• Send PM to all friends: /pmall Name Message

8) For All question and bugs please go to: http://pokemmokit.altervista.org

Ryex

Hmm, Not sure why this isn't in the database.
I'm surprised that this has come about again. I remember a few years back when I was helping JC on a project that used this. course Bizz made his version special. kinda makes me wonder if this Markz88 guy got JC to give him his old files...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Quote from: Ryex on February 20, 2013, 12:27:44 am
Hmm, Not sure why this isn't in the database.

Me, too, I was sure I moved it. O_o

Quote from: Ryex on February 20, 2013, 12:27:44 am
I'm surprised that this has come about again. I remember a few years back when I was helping JC on a project that used this. course Bizz made his version special. kinda makes me wonder if this Markz88 guy got JC to give him his old files...

I talked to Markz, it's not my version. xD You can notice it on the login window. I used the actual windowskin windows for the username/password boxes back then and I aligned all button at the bottom just like in the default RMX-OS.
I actually offered Markz and his friends consulting advice since I already implemented once the PVP and pokemon trading system and there are a few things they should take into account which can save them lots of time.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aegisrox

Hello Ryex! Thanks to move it to the database!

Hi Blizzard, again thanks for your offering, it would be appreciated!

Anything you need count with me, just tell me!

Regards

Chevalsky

myrninvollo

hi Markz88 and Blizzard.

just a quick Q. i starting to swap my old netplay+ game over to markz88 :D
and wanted to know s there any news on lastest Devloment please???.. before i edit to much in this version :D

and on a side note RMX-OS is 100x better than Netplay ever was... its spark my intress in rpgxp again .. big thank you :)

Aegisrox

Hi! Thanks for your Answer!

Here is the lastest development build!

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13542.0.html

Just uploaded by me, it is a new version with a new name, and it is supported by Ruby and RMX-OS 2.0

I Hope you like ^^

Regards

Aegis

Blizzard

I'm glad that you like RMX-OS more than Netplay+. The very purpose of RMX-OS was to push Netplay+ out of order forever. It was old, buggy, unmaintainable and hard to extend/improve. RMX-OS was built from ground up with a significantly different design in mind. Sure, it may not be that great altogether and stress testing can cause problems, but in general it's still better than Netplay+ by far.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

khkramer

Hey man I noticed you used my Pokemon Nox scripts from ragezone.
I don't mind because I released them myself.
But it's very annoying to see someone else say they fixed the scripts to work with rmx-os when those scripts obviously came from my release.
Some credit would be appreciated.

Aegisrox

Hi Khramer, i sent you a PM, i didnt know nothing of this, i will speak with Markz too, to resolve this problem

Regards

andressc

I've downloaded it an tried to set it up for a few hours now, but the same thing keeps happening! My server is perfectly set up, but when I start the game it says it's offline! (Yes, all IP stuff is configured) What have I done wrong?

PhoenixFire

Quote from: andressc on February 20, 2014, 03:09:33 pm
I've downloaded it an tried to set it up for a few hours now, but the same thing keeps happening! My server is perfectly set up, but when I start the game it says it's offline! (Yes, all IP stuff is configured) What have I done wrong?

Try using the latest version, which you would have seen had you read through the whole post...

Quote from: Aegisrox on October 07, 2013, 11:07:36 am
Here is the lastest development build!

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13542.0.html
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

andressc

PhoenixFire

In that case, I suggest posting up your problem in the support thread for that version. Also, you may want to post up more details about what actually is going wrong. Take a screenshot of the error, etc. Otherwise, all you'll get at first is people asking for details.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

khkramer

Quote from: andressc on February 20, 2014, 03:09:33 pm

If you can't port forward a server correctly, you shouldn't be making an mmo.
Anyways you should check if the server list is correctly set up in the RMX-OS Options script, also if you're hosting yourself you should check if your router is correctly port forwarded for port 54269.
Also note that if you have the server running on your external ip, you should set it also to your external ip in the options.

andressc

It's all configured EXACTLY as this post teaches. How do I check if my router is ported correctly?

khkramer

andressc

The port wasn't open, now it is and I still get the same error! Which IP I have to put in which part, exactly? I read the tutorial and put as they said, but didn't work.